Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by joachimm
Booked 3 First Class ORD-NRT/HND-ORD tickets in March 2021! I had sent an SMS but did not get a reply so I decided to wait up for the 2:00AM EDT open and I'm glad I did. Thanks to all the contributors to this thread. What a thrill, hopefully we can actually go without threat of 14 day quarantine- it's only a 14 day trip .
big score! congrats. I'm in March 2021 out of JFK. Fingers crossed this trip can happen.
Old May 13, 2020, 6:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lewis42
seems everyone does the same trip more or less

XXX -> TYO -> XXX on ANA F using VS miles then stays at RC Kyoto 😀.

im doing it in November! (Hopefully)
rates at the Ritz Carlton in March 2021 are hella steep! Any tips/tricks I should know about?
Old May 13, 2020, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by vivrant
rates at the Ritz Carlton in March 2021 are hella steep! Any tips/tricks I should know about?
​​​​​​
Looking at the last week of March which also has a chance of being cherry blossom seasons, the rates looks in line with this year. I think the only trick is points
Old May 13, 2020, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
Looking at the last week of March which also has a chance of being cherry blossom seasons, the rates looks in line with this year. I think the only trick is points
The cleverest trick is to skip Kyoto and explore other parts of Japan...
Old May 13, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by craigthemif
The cleverest trick is to skip Kyoto and explore other parts of Japan...
Stay in Osaka and day-trip into Kyoto for a few days.
Old May 13, 2020, 9:07 pm

I tried to reach VS via text message but I get no response for two days now. Has anyone use the service recently?
Old May 13, 2020, 10:01 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
RC is 150-200k yen a night for my dates even with STARS 15% off. I gave up and decided to go to Suiran while they still had the 4th night free STARS rate up. 90k yen a night for 4 nights in the deluxe room. Might switch to The Mitsui when bookings open. I also have a couple 5 night points advance bookings at the RC in case I decide to go that route; it's not like the amount of points required can go up.

I have outbound booked with VS for ANA F and will adjust the return date soon to the actual flight I want. I also have backup flights booked in JAL F for the same dates though, in case VS collapses and the tickets become invalid.
not2017 likes this.
Old May 14, 2020, 4:45 am

Do they only tend to release x1 F seat on LHR-HND and FRA-HND (& vice versa) routes?

I see some people are lucky enough to have booked 2 or 3 tickets from the States... but don’t think I’ve ever seen more than 1 seat available for these.
Old May 14, 2020, 4:51 am

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
We were successful a few months ago in securing 2 F from/to MUC in Oct but who knows if we’ll make it
Old May 14, 2020, 8:49 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dhoward
We were successful a few months ago in securing 2 F from/to MUC in Oct but who knows if we’ll make it
same... for me it's end of Oct / return mid Nov
Old May 14, 2020, 12:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
RC is 150-200k yen a night for my dates even with STARS 15% off. I gave up and decided to go to Suiran while they still had the 4th night free STARS rate up. 90k yen a night for 4 nights in the deluxe room. Might switch to The Mitsui when bookings open. I also have a couple 5 night points advance bookings at the RC in case I decide to go that route; it's not like the amount of points required can go up.

I have outbound booked with VS for ANA F and will adjust the return date soon to the actual flight I want. I also have backup flights booked in JAL F for the same dates though, in case VS collapses and the tickets become invalid.
I can see the RC for 60k using my corporate rate - also have Park hyatt at sub 70k and conrad at 42k.

More to the point I got HND-FRA-HND 1 F and 1 C for 7DEC-9FEB'21 (going back to asia for family lunar new year)
£277.90 in taxes and fees
saw MUC had 2 F seats but its the old F so we preferred to split and enjoy the new product
Old May 14, 2020, 8:35 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I can see the RC for 60k using my corporate rate - also have Park hyatt at sub 70k and conrad at 42k.

More to the point I got HND-FRA-HND 1 F and 1 C for 7DEC-9FEB'21 (going back to asia for family lunar new year)
£277.90 in taxes and fees
saw MUC had 2 F seats but its the old F so we preferred to split and enjoy the new product
60,000 yen for RC Kyoto during peak time? Mar 31 - Apr 10 or thereabouts? I find it hard to believe since I've compared many corporate rates to mine to see how they compare in discount and fixed rates but pretty amazing if true. You mentioned Conrad so are you talking about Tokyo?
Old May 14, 2020, 8:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
60,000 yen for RC Kyoto during peak time? Mar 31 - Apr 10 or thereabouts? I find it hard to believe since I've compared many corporate rates to mine to see how they compare in discount and fixed rates but pretty amazing if true. You mentioned Conrad so are you talking about Tokyo?
sorry i was talking tokyo, my bad i missed kyoto reference.
Old May 14, 2020, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
sorry i was talking tokyo, my bad i missed kyoto reference.
No worries. I was just thinking that I would need to make a career change if a corporate rate like that existed at your company.

EDIT:
After 1.5hrs on hold, just secured my return flight:
Mar 26: SFO-NRT F
Apr 11: NRT-SFO F

with backups in JAL F booked in case of VS insolvency. This uses up the last of my VS miles as well.

Best of luck to all in getting the redemptions they want. I suspect this will be the last year that this sweet spot is around; honestly long overdue for a devaluation of these rates.
not2017 likes this.

Last edited by nexusCFX; May 15, 2020 at 2:22 am
Old May 20, 2020, 8:17 pm

Just booked SFO-NRT F, HND-SFO Y for March. Will change the return when the calendar opens. I figure the possibilities are:
1. No change to Flying Club
2. Devaluation of ANA chart
3. VS liquidates, miles gone

Already have the miles in my account so all I’m risking is losing $230 in taxes if case 3 happens, and better to book now if case 2 happens.
Do you know if VS is currently charging the $50 change fee for changes? I'd like to do something similar as my outbound dates are available now but I also am reluctant to spend $150 (three tickets) on a trip I think I only have a 25% chance of actually taking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.