Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: geclub1
Flying Club Contact Info

USA +1 800 365 9500

SOUTH AFRICA +27 11 340 3535

HONG KONG +852 2532 6060 9 AM to 6 PM M-F 9 AM to 2 PM Sat

CHINA +86 21 5353 4600

INDIA +1-800-102-3000 ( Toll Free )
+91-124-4693030

CARIBBEAN +1 800 744 7477

Tips to Book Partner Awards:

Delta:

Check af.com for availability.

Virgin Australia:

One-way awards possible
Print Wikipost

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2021, 2:17 pm

Does anyone know who we get KLM to release seats on VS?

I have searched on KLM for availability for LHR-ICN and can see some but when I call VS (they seem to have turned off their WhatsApp and Twitter couldn’t help) they say there is nothing open at all.

What do I need to look for on KLM (points wise)?

Thank You
Old Sep 30, 2021, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Does anyone know who we get KLM to release seats on VS?

I have searched on KLM for availability for LHR-ICN and can see some but when I call VS (they seem to have turned off their WhatsApp and Twitter couldn’t help) they say there is nothing open at all.

What do I need to look for on KLM (points wise)?

Thank You
I found if Delta shows the seats then so will VS. Look via their site?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I found if Delta shows the seats then so will VS. Look via their site?
Thank You
Old Oct 16, 2021, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by jjangoo
Getting this error message while trying to book DL N space: "Your Reservation Is Not Complete Yet. Sorry, you'll need to contact us to complete your booking. #2104A"

Any thoughts on what's going on?
I just got this trying to book an AF flight next summer. In my case I even got a booking reference and the charge (and an immediate reversal) showed up on my CC. I called the VS HK number (the US/UK number is closed right now) and they told me it was because there was "no availability" (after a minute or two of checking) but I am not buying that. The PNR shows up on the AF website though the Saudia site confirms it isn't paid for but if it was ghost space I don't think it would get that far (Delta is also showing the space). I guess I'll call the UK number in the morning and see what it is up or just stick with my less optimal BA booking given they claim two hours waiting time....

Edit: I found a preferred routing that I was able to book with VS miles. Still not sure why I got the error here as there are 7 seats showing available but in any event the preferred routing booked so all good. I'll chalk it up to the randomness of airline IT.
Jma12 likes this.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Oct 17, 2021 at 11:51 am
Old Dec 6, 2021, 5:37 pm

Taking advantage of the recent 30% transfer bonus of virgin points from amex, I used a combo of existing virgin points and transferred points from amex to book 3 x open jaw flights in biz, out of MSP to CDG on Jul 19 2022, returning from OPO via CDG back to MSP. Flight to CDG is with Delta in Delta One and returning from CDG on Air France in Biz. Including the points redeemed for positioning flights from my home airport on the east coast (RDU), I’m all in for 450,000 virgin points, or 150,000 per person. Best part was by flying out of MSP and not connecting via the UK I avoided much of the exorbitant taxes and fees incurred at other domestic airports such as NYC, BOS, ORD and IAD. Total taxes for all 3 tickets was about $200. I was able to find some flights for less points but up to $900+ each way in fees, no thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:55 pm

Anyone have any luck lately finding delta one availability?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Is it correct that I need to call VS to book a redemption on AF?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
I didn't have to when I made my booking via the VS website
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Just do it via the VS website. Select award seats.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by atojbk
Anyone have any luck lately finding delta one availability?
No luck here
atojbk likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
I just got this trying to book an AF flight next summer. In my case I even got a booking reference and the charge (and an immediate reversal) showed up on my CC. I called the VS HK number (the US/UK number is closed right now) and they told me it was because there was "no availability" (after a minute or two of checking) but I am not buying that. The PNR shows up on the AF website though the Saudia site confirms it isn't paid for but if it was ghost space I don't think it would get that far (Delta is also showing the space). I guess I'll call the UK number in the morning and see what it is up or just stick with my less optimal BA booking given they claim two hours waiting time....

Edit: I found a preferred routing that I was able to book with VS miles. Still not sure why I got the error here as there are 7 seats showing available but in any event the preferred routing booked so all good. I'll chalk it up to the randomness of airline IT.
I got the same issue when trying to book CDG to IAH direct with VS points. The route shows on Air France's airline. Not sure if this makes a difference but I am booking the flight for my inlaws parents and i'm not flying on the reservation. We have tried calling Virgin Atlantic both US / UK numbers and still haven't connected with a representative after waiting hours.. Is there a number we could text or email we can contact to try to do this offline?
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by bobotinker
I got the same issue when trying to book CDG to IAH direct with VS points. The route shows on Air France's airline. Not sure if this makes a difference but I am booking the flight for my inlaws parents and i'm not flying on the reservation. We have tried calling Virgin Atlantic both US / UK numbers and still haven't connected with a representative after waiting hours.. Is there a number we could text or email we can contact to try to do this offline?
Contact info here Contact us | Virgin Atlantic help centre

Just save our number in your mobile to get started, then drop us a message via WhatsApp on +44 (0)344 8747747. Some non UK / US network carriers restrict this type of messaging, so if you're messaging from another country and your message doesn't get through, give us a call. Can I help? Hi, I'm Amelia, the Virgin Atlantic help bot. Give me a try!
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:41 am

Any suggestions on good redemption options from SFO, LAX, or SEA?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by bobotinker
Same issue here, I'm trying to book an AF reward flight via VS and the website keeps giging this #2104A error message. I tried different flight combos and no luck. There is at the moment a message that says that wait times are over 90 times on the phone so not too sure what my next option is haha. I'll update if I find a solution somehow.

(Edit: I did not mention but I checked and AF does show availability for these same flights on its website)
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm trying to book a domestic DL leg + an international AF leg: BNA-JFK-CDG 6/8. Both legs showing up when I do single one-way search BNA-JFK and JFK-CDG. But when I try to do BNA-CDG OW or a multi search BNA-JFK and JFK-CDG (on same day or even different days) I get zip. If I search RT BNA-CDG, also zip. I don't mind booking them separately, but then I worry about IRROPS on the first leg causing issues with second leg. And honestly I've tried this with a variety of city pairs DL + AF and all have the same issue. All these flights pop up fine on AF.

Any advice? Would calling, if I can even get through, make a difference? I don't want to transfer points over if it's a no go (3x tix).

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Feb 18, 2022 at 6:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.