FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:56 pm
bobotinker

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
I just got this trying to book an AF flight next summer. In my case I even got a booking reference and the charge (and an immediate reversal) showed up on my CC. I called the VS HK number (the US/UK number is closed right now) and they told me it was because there was "no availability" (after a minute or two of checking) but I am not buying that. The PNR shows up on the AF website though the Saudia site confirms it isn't paid for but if it was ghost space I don't think it would get that far (Delta is also showing the space). I guess I'll call the UK number in the morning and see what it is up or just stick with my less optimal BA booking given they claim two hours waiting time....

Edit: I found a preferred routing that I was able to book with VS miles. Still not sure why I got the error here as there are 7 seats showing available but in any event the preferred routing booked so all good. I'll chalk it up to the randomness of airline IT.
I got the same issue when trying to book CDG to IAH direct with VS points. The route shows on Air France's airline. Not sure if this makes a difference but I am booking the flight for my inlaws parents and i'm not flying on the reservation. We have tried calling Virgin Atlantic both US / UK numbers and still haven't connected with a representative after waiting hours.. Is there a number we could text or email we can contact to try to do this offline?