Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award availability disconnect - website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: VS, HHonors, more...
I used the KVS Tool when I got home and it also shows "CS+", which means UC seats are available, for my flight. Meanwhile, the Virgin phone reps continue to shrug their shoulders and say they got nothin'. Sheesh!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:33 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
I am afraid that it doesn't matter what any of the available checking tools say, the only result that counts is the agent on the end of the phone.

Like all big companies, VS have some excellent members of staff, and some others! I have found that when you get a good agent on the phone, they will go the extra mile, try a few permutations, and offer good advice about alternatives.

Others will simply have the 'computer says no!' attitude and that's it.

The simple solution, if you get one of the latter is to hang up - try again - and hope for one of the former.

You could also try making booking on line, but good luck with that - in my experience, the creaking VS IT systems rarely make it all the way through a mileage redemption without the dreaded error messages - and the advice to ring instead.

Nick
Old Jul 23, 2013, 1:44 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by FlyNFoole
I used the KVS Tool when I got home and it also shows "CS+", which means UC seats are available, for my flight. Meanwhile, the Virgin phone reps continue to shrug their shoulders and say they got nothin'. Sheesh!
If the KVS Tool shows CS+, then you can confirm the same Award Availability by going to VS.com.

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Others will simply have the 'computer says no!' attitude and that's it.
Indeed.

For tips on dealing with Agents, please see http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AgentSaysNo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.