Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guests in UC lounge and cabin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Guests in UC lounge and cabin

Considering UC upgrades for the the family on LHR>Joburg using my hard earned FC points. Another option might be for me and the wife to travel UC and invite our adult children into the club lounge and UC cabin for a spell and save our miles- but what are the rules?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:10 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Tesco11
Considering UC upgrades for the the family on LHR>Joburg using my hard earned FC points. Another option might be for me and the wife to travel UC and invite our adult children into the club lounge and UC cabin for a spell and save our miles- but what are the rules?
Why would/should VS allow parent's children into the UC cabin, potentially disrupting customers who have paid for the privilege of UC

I suggest ponying up with either cash or miles.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:52 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by Tesco11
Strict cabin separation as you would expect anywhere - sometimes for a short period the FSM may allow fellow travellers from PE or Y to join you at the UC bar, but there are plenty of caveats to that (e.g. it's not busy, it's not night time, it's not when meals are being served ...). Therefore if you split up the family, eat in the clubhouse and enjoy that but be separate onboard.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: VS, BA, AA, IHG, HH, SPG
No problem at all with the lounge - each UC ticketed passenger can bring in one guest. Onboard is another issue and is exactly as slinky09 explained
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:09 am

I am travelling UC next week with two family members in Y. I respect that if I wish to see them on board, Ill have to venture down to them (the separation rules do not apply here). On the other hand, I would love to be able to guest them both into the CH. I will check in early, and hopefully they will allow me to purchase an additional guest.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
If you do go and visit them in Y then not to do it during meal or drinks service and not to disturb any other passengers i.e. the same rules as if (big if) they could visit you in UC

BTW there is a discussion on v-flyer that VS may have changed policy or started to enforce an existing one - it's not clear exactly which - that guests in the CH must be flying on the same flight as the host or that guests will have to leave when the host does.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:38 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
I have paid for our (adult) son to come into the Clubhouse several times as a second guest. It is obviously subject to the place not being too full and IIRC the last time I did it the cost was 60.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.