Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

International to Domestic Redemption. How Many Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:51 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum

BOM-LHR is 50K in Upper. LHR-MAN in Eco is 3,750 booked separately. VS.com says 50K if a through booking. Not possible to actually book online (for some reason). Call FC & the hopeless agent said its 53,750, not 50K. Ended up booking seperate itinerary on line as FC line quoted 25% more GBP in fees. Eh?

What's right? I feel I have been robbed of 3,750 miles (and twenty five minutes on the phone I'll never get back)!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:18 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
BTW - contacted VS FC via e-mail on this. Two days later? Nothing!
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:38 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Call the premier team line for UC bookings and try again, and explain and point to the T&Cs if you don't get the answer you expect.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 4:46 am
NoY
Original Poster

Thanks. Got a reply from Customer Service shortly before your reply. It is cut & paste BS Wrong information etc. etc. so fired it back. Will play this out first, then....
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:39 am
NoY
Original Poster

Ok, got another CS. Bottom line? "Website is WRONG, so we will look at that. Sorry. Goodbye."

Muppets.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
The old rule of dealing with the telephone agents. If you get a bad one, hang up and try again.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:13 am
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoY
Ok, got another CS. Bottom line? "Website is WRONG, so we will look at that. Sorry. Goodbye."

Muppets.
Oh, I just got yet another CS reply. Hilarious.

"I have spoken with our Communications Department, and they have confirmed that you should have only be charged a total of 50,000 miles. Virgin Atlantic would actually absorb the mileage cost in this particular scenario. With this being the case, I have refunded you the full amount of 3,750 miles. "

Muppets.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: VS, BA, AA, IHG, HH, SPG
So disappointing to hear things like this, its such a basic booking and they cant get it right. Delighted you got it resolved correctly in the end - but as mentioned above its always worth hanging up and trying again if the first agent is useless.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:56 am
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliuk
So disappointing to hear things like this, its such a basic booking and they cant get it right. Delighted you got it resolved correctly in the end - but as mentioned above its always worth hanging up and trying again if the first agent is useless.
Yes, it is disappointing but at least it got sorted eventually.

Followed up with Exec Office to ensure they followed up to fix route cause. Got offered FC Silver & Fast Track to FC Gold. Not sure I could get much out of this though?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by NoY
Yes, it is disappointing but at least it got sorted eventually.

Followed up with Exec Office to ensure they followed up to fix route cause. Got offered FC Silver & Fast Track to FC Gold. Not sure I could get much out of this though?

You got your miles back (rightly) and a bump up in status which is worth extra miles and ability to check in at PE desk (useful if you are flying Y) - as a gesture of apology.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:47 am
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
You got your miles back (rightly) and a bump up in status which is worth extra miles and ability to check in at PE desk (useful if you are flying Y) - as a gesture of apology.
Agreed. The resolution (eventually) was OK. Thing is I never fly Y But the extra miles are good IF I pay in cash for another ticket on them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.