Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGW-MCO in Winter 2013-2014, which aircraft ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2013, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Silver, Executive Club Blue, Miles & More, Priority Club Gold, Skywards Blue
LGW-MCO in Winter 2013-2014, which aircraft ?

All,
I'm flying LGW-MCO on VS27 on Jan 3rd 2014 and I was wondering if anyone would already know which type of aircraft will be flying this flight for the season.
When I do a dummy booking, it offers me UC so I assume it would be a 744 as I'm not sure that the LGW 333 will have been upgraded with UC by then.
Many thanks in advance !
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
doing a dummy booking gives me both the VS27 operating as an A747 and the VS15 as a 747

I guess that given that term starts the following Monday the return flights back to LGW will be chock-a-block with returning families even if the flights out are quiet.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Silver, Executive Club Blue, Miles & More, Priority Club Gold, Skywards Blue
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
doing a dummy booking gives me both the VS27 operating as an A747 and the VS15 as a 747

I guess that given that term starts the following Monday the return flights back to LGW will be chock-a-block with returning families even if the flights out are quiet.
Hi UKTravelBear, that would make perfect sense, if only to get all the people back in time for the new term starting on the Monday after.
Fingers crossed that I can secure some seats in the bubble then ;-)
Thanks for the info !
Old Jul 8, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
I believe it will be a 747 as the 2 x A330's that will be based at LGW will be 3 class and operating the BGI/ANU/UVF routes.

The third based 330 goes back upto heathrow from winter.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ANstar
I believe it will be a 747 as the 2 x A330's that will be based at LGW will be 3 class and operating the BGI/ANU/UVF routes.

The third based 330 goes back upto heathrow from winter.
Thanks ANStar, again it makes perfect sense ... I love the A330, flew on it on Eco and Upper Class, both brilliant ... But I really like the Upper Deck Eco on 744.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.