Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MOBO Awards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2003, 4:37 am

Programs: Various
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bazz:
You can't get out of the clubhouse that easily Richard, you know that even with Red and a lowly coach ticket your Amex Centurion will still get you in!

</font>
Err yes good point but then what about if I have a guest travelling with me? Leaving them outside because the Centurion only admits 1 is not going to go down well is it....

And most of the time I need a guardian to look after me and make sure I get on the board safely....

Thanks,
Richard

Old Sep 24, 2003, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMannion:
I haven't had an invite yet - maybe I don't fly enough or help Virgin enough to justify it.....

AmEx on the otherhand were gracious enough to invite me to the MTV Music Awards in Edinburgh - maybe they do see me as a valued customer!

Anyway - I'm flyign to LAX on Saturday - anyone going to be in the Clubhouse - any lowly silvers that would like to experience the Clubhouse

Thanks,
Richard
</font>
Hey guys, popped over heard there was some potential mixing with celebrities going on here.

Being an Elite Blue with British Airways of course (thats the invitation tier) I got my invitation in the post today to the TV Quick awards. I am on a table with Dale Winton and that Sinbad guy from Brookside among other A list celebs.

I would ask if any lowly Silvers would join me but I heard they actually have to do this thing called work...the poor buggers
Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:27 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
I bumped into Dale Winton in a dark sleazy club once, he is so orange that he glows.

Surely former Big Brother contestants would be more your style ?
Old Sep 25, 2003, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GK:
I bumped into Dale Winton in a dark sleazy club once, he is so orange that he glows.

Surely former Big Brother contestants would be more your style ?
</font>
Actually another orangeman, David Dickinson is more my style. He flew BA F with my uncle and his family to Mauritius and stayed in LSG
Old Sep 25, 2003, 4:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:
Actually another orangeman, David Dickinson is more my style. He flew BA F with my uncle and his family to Mauritius and stayed in LSG </font>
More your style? Didn't he do a 4 year stint for Fraud - and as for posing naked with that lurid orange glow: http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_720849.html

Did you get you get an autograph?

Thanks,
Richard
Old Sep 25, 2003, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMannion:
More your style? Didn't he do a 4 year stint for Fraud - and as for posing naked with that lurid orange glow: http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_720849.html

Did you get you get an autograph?

Thanks,
Richard
</font>
OK, so I wouldn't pose naked for anyone other than my beloved TV Quick and perhaps doing a 4yr sint for fraud isnt my style

Not sure if my uncle and his family got an autograph but they definitely got a photograph of the Duke with my 11yr old cousin and dined with him several times
Old Sep 27, 2003, 7:15 am
GK

Can't believe you don't want to know what Dale was doing at the time.. bever mind 'tis a family forum, but sounds like something certain VS crew in IAD are familiar with.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 10:47 am

Thi skind of makes up for me not going....

Saturday morning in the Clubhouse, none other than Lil' Kim and Blu Cantrell in the Clubhouse, complete with MOBO award on the table. They were very nice and pleasnat - Award is actually quite heavy.

They were then on the same flight as me to LAX (VS7), it was quite strange as Blu walked thru immigration no one noticed her and she was stood with everyone else collecting her luggage. Great flight!

Thanks,
Richard
Old Sep 30, 2003, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GK:
Can't believe you don't want to know what Dale was doing at the time.. bever mind 'tis a family forum, but sounds like something certain VS crew in IAD are familiar with.</font>
Spill the beans then GK, can't be worse than the foul language I heard a few weeks ago
Old Sep 30, 2003, 11:46 pm
GK

come to the london do in nov, buy me a shed load of drinks and then i might tell you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.