Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Clubhouse & Kids....AAaarrrggghh!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2003, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

LHR Clubhouse & Kids....AAaarrrggghh!

Oh no,
LHR Clubhouse, Friday lunchtime, wandered into the audio / visual room (sorry I meant small tv in the corner & no audio system room)
*Ouch* (underfoot)- who the hell left that plastic toy there in the doorway?

Oh no, it now seems it's a kids play room.
The small TV is now blocked by, a plastic wendy house, various car / truck combinations like Tonka's & Fisher price. Colouring books across the floor and of all things a meshed in ball pit - u know one of those things you are supposed to swim about in, but with balls..(careful!)

There's now a note on top of the tv explaining that they have a large choice of DVD's if you ask at front desk they will be happy to loan one during your visit. Don't bother, you won't be able to see it, let alone hear it over the screams and tears.

So is this a new VS policy, stuff the audio / visual room and let's get the screaming kids there????

Anyone else visited recently?

I'm in again on Saturday night, I have a thought, if each one of us steals a toy on each visit, at some point they'll have to give up replacing them.....bye bye play room...who's in with me?!

I'm dying to do a Matthew Kelly / Pete Townsend joke, but perhaps I should leave it.

Seriously though, anyone know what's going on?
Old Feb 5, 2003, 1:53 pm

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
Last time I was in the LHR lounge, a guy arrived with a J boarding card, together with his wife, nanny and child who were all in PE. And they let them all in. And no, they didn't all have Gold Cards or Black Amex's. 5 mins later the brat is screaming. Grrr...

I know that sometimes kids come into the lounge, but can't VS have a "family" area, preferably hermetically sealed?

Next time (next month in fact) I'm there I might "accidentally" break some toys with my size 12s... well if those kids must leave them out, what do they expect?

BC

[This message has been edited by BlackCat (edited 02-05-2003).]
Old Feb 5, 2003, 5:00 pm

paging jongar...
Old Feb 6, 2003, 9:21 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
Actually, CS agents encourage people to deposit thier spawn, sorry brats, sorry, genetic varient **** throwers, sorry, children - i knew id get there, in the tv lounge. Few people used it and you have to admit it makes sense. if i want to watch tv i stay at home. give me a vodka tonic and a seat and tell me when to board

Jon
Old Feb 8, 2003, 11:13 am

I'd much rather have children sequestered to the TV room.
Old Feb 9, 2003, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Adults who pace the lounge yelling into cell phones or cheering at a football score annoy me a lot more than most of the kids.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 2:53 am

I'm loathe to get into this since I travel with my children most of the time although they are taught to behave and are not allowed to treat any public area (be it a restaurant, bar or executive lounge) as a place to show themselves up.

I did notice a week ago on Saturday that the sounds room was being used as a creche. Seemed a reasonable idea. It did not upset me or my 10 year old since we repaired to the empty upstairs conservatory.

Ironic comment in Raffles Class yesterday from Singapore to Saigon by 10 year old. We were in second row and a family came on board and sat in the first row with a newborn baby who was screaming. 10 year old was the first to point this out..........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.