Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

VS Gold flying Virgin America Coach; Clubhouse Access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2

As a VS Gold flying coach on Virgin America, will the Clubhouse staff grant access? Is there a policy in place or might it be case-by-case/luck-of-the-draw?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 7:17 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
I would think that since your VS Gold you get access to the class you fly on VS, Should be the same case with VX as you are one of Richard's valued clients
Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:17 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
In a word - No. Certainly not yet anyway.

If you are an Elevate member, you can now buy access at SFO and JFK though.

http://www.virginamerica.com/travel/airport-lounge.html

Nick

Last edited by Nottingham Nick; Aug 11, 2010 at 9:20 am Reason: to add link
Old Apr 7, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
It does not appear since this thread was established that there have been any official policy changes. But just curious if anyone who is Flying Club Gold has had luck at least buying Clubhouse access before a Virgin America transcon flight originating IAD. I have read that anyone with an Elevate account can buy access SFO and JFK but I think you technically have to be Main Cabin Select or FC to buy IAD access.

I have had some travel recently where I would have booked Virgin America out of IAD if I had thought I could at least buy lounge access but I instead flew AA US transcon so that I would have pre-flight use of BA Galleries with OW status in the absence of Clubhouse access.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 12:24 pm

The answer is still officially no, and it is very disappointing that there is so little lateral thinking amongst the Virgin-branded airlines.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
priority pass entry

Virgin America doesn't give you anything for being VS gold. Silly, I know. However, if you have a platinum amex card that gives you a priority pass membership (or you have a membership on your own), that will get you into the VX Loft for free. I did so a couple of weeks ago at LAX. I have to say, it was a bit disappointing, but better than nothing.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:32 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by carolinaRN
Virgin America doesn't give you anything for being VS gold. Silly, I know. However, if you have a platinum amex card that gives you a priority pass membership (or you have a membership on your own), that will get you into the VX Loft for free. I did so a couple of weeks ago at LAX. I have to say, it was a bit disappointing, but better than nothing.
Yes it is silly. Even when VX was offering to status match within Elevate for UA and AA elites, I wrote to them asking for the same for VS Gold and they refused.

It seems that having the brand 'Virgin' means nothing when it comes to cross over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.