Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VX Fare Classes?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS
Changed flight on VX for tomorrow morning to Wednesday. Weather at SEA did not look good for the morning.
VX flight booked on AS.( AS showed it as P fare (discounted First) on my mileage plan account.)
VX changed flight today and on their site, my Elevate account shows FIRST CLASS under itinerary.
My Mileage Plan account on AS shows it as (C) coach.
VX fare class C is a first class fare. I May have to make some calls to make sure I get class of service bonus.
/don;t know if this helps the question of finding fare onVX reservations.
I think Confirmation Code and a call to VX would do it.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:37 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

C is a higher first class fare code than P.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: AS
Thanks for answer, Dayone. You are always quick to give me good information on these forums.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by pcoll
Changed flight on VX for tomorrow morning to Wednesday. Weather at SEA did not look good for the morning.
VX flight booked on AS.( AS showed it as P fare (discounted First) on my mileage plan account.)
VX changed flight today and on their site, my Elevate account shows FIRST CLASS under itinerary.
My Mileage Plan account on AS shows it as (C) coach.
VX fare class C is a first class fare. I May have to make some calls to make sure I get class of service bonus.
/don;t know if this helps the question of finding fare onVX reservations.
I think Confirmation Code and a call to VX would do it.
It sounds like you were rebooked under a VX flight number instead of the AS codedshare which is what is sold on the AS site. AS codes first as (F=Refundable/P=Discount) AS doesn't have a C bucket so the AS site is just confused. On VX F is coded as D/C/J
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by CDKing
It sounds like you were rebooked under a VX flight number instead of the AS codedshare which is what is sold on the AS site. AS codes first as (F=Refundable/P=Discount) AS doesn't have a C bucket so the AS site is just confused. On VX F is coded as D/C/J
That was my question upthread. How do you know if you buy a D/C/J? D earns 50% cabin bonus but C/J earn 75%. There is no way to see which code you are booking so how does one know whether they will earn 50% or 75% bonus? Or if it credits correctly after the fact?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finkface
That was my question upthread. How do you know if you buy a D/C/J? D earns 50% cabin bonus but C/J earn 75%. There is no way to see which code you are booking so how does one know whether they will earn 50% or 75% bonus? Or if it credits correctly after the fact?
All i can tell so far is J is fully refundable. C/D appear to be discount F (non refundable but fully changeable) so that still doesn't help. I was hoping only D was discount F because that would be easier to tell as the site has a refundable indicator by the price if you look for cheapest or hides C/D when selecting refundable.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by CDKing
All i can tell so far is J is fully refundable. C/D appear to be discount F (non refundable but fully changeable) so that still doesn't help. I was hoping only D was discount F because that would be easier to tell as the site has a refundable indicator by the price if you look for cheapest or hides C/D when selecting refundable.
Exactly. The real problem is telling if it is C or D. I had a flight a few weeks ago that only credited 50%. There is just no way for me to tell if this is correct or not. Considering these are EQM, this makes a difference. To me anyway.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
My recent 1st class flight from JFK to FLL cost only $208, an amazing price. Would that have been D-class then?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
My recent 1st class flight from JFK to FLL cost only $208, an amazing price. Would that have been D-class then?
Yep it's D. Looking at 2/28/17 where lowest F is $209 while the fully refundable is $699. I pulled that date up on Expertflyer and the $209 would be D21QNR which has fare of $194 + 7.5% tax. Lowest C fare available 2/28 is CQNR with base fare of $434 + 7.5% tax. Lowest and J fare 2/28 JQVX is $684 base fare + 7.5% tax

Whats funny to me is lowest coach that last week of Feb is $69 and March 1 is $99 for lowest Y and the $99 is listed as Sale while the $69 are not sale Kind of like WN when sale price isn't the lowest available

Code:
Fares 6 items			 	 	 
D21QNR	VX	D 	One-Way	194.00(USD)	B	 	 	 	21 			
D14QNR	VX	D 	One-Way	254.00(USD)	B	 	 	 	14 			
D7QNR	VX	D 	One-Way	284.00(USD)	B	 	 	 	07 			
DQNR	VX	D 	One-Way	354.00(USD)	B	 	 	 	 			
CQNR	VX	C 	One-Way	434.00(USD)	B	 	 	 	 			
JQVX	VX	J 	One-Way	684.00(USD)	B

Last edited by CDKing; Feb 7, 2017 at 9:47 pm
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA
So is there just no way to actually figure out our fare class on a flight that was purchased some time ago, but has not yet occurred? I'm at a total loss here.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrisremo
So is there just no way to actually figure out our fare class on a flight that was purchased some time ago, but has not yet occurred? I'm at a total loss here.
Other than a phone call, tweet etc to VX it doesn't seem so.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Sorry to dig up the old thread. Does anyone know what main cabin refundable books into? Hopefully just Y?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.