FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018-642/)
-   -   Virgin America (VX) FAQ Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018/838255-virgin-america-vx-faq-thread.html)

kroconnor Jan 19, 2011 1:09 pm

Wanted: Virgin America Credit

Hello all - I'm looking to buy some Virgin America credit - does anyone have some I could purchase? Send me a message to make an offer. Thank you!

cringle Feb 17, 2011 11:04 am

Originally Posted by zooberman (Post 15450314)
Oddly, I was trying to book some last minute New Years travel, and a Main Cabin Select seat from SFO to SEA was $79, whereas a non-refundable Main Cabin seat was $159 on the same flight. Pretty weird, but I'll take it.

It happens often at the last minute. If Main Cabin Select is selling slowly on a certain flight.

Deeloveli Feb 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by cringle (Post 15882774)
It happens often at the last minute. If Main Cabin Select is selling slowly on a certain flight.

I'll concur with this. I changed my flight last minute over Xmas break to leave 5 days after I was supposed to. I made the change the night before I was supposed to depart. There was a FC flight for 399. I wasn't charged a change fee because it was FC and used the credit from the cancelled coach ticket. The fare difference was nothing. Brilliance!

aviators99 Feb 27, 2011 2:39 am

Added two new planes in service
Added gift certificates
Added new destinations, future ORD service

aviators99 Mar 8, 2011 9:59 am

Added 837 - Air VH1

aviators99 Apr 10, 2011 11:21 pm

Added names and in-service for 838 and 839

qwertyuiop May 4, 2011 2:31 am

Mods may want to edit the references to Virgin Blue in this FAQ thread. As of today the airline has renamed itself as Virgin Australia (www.virginaustralia.com) with Pacific Blue and V Australia to follow by the end of the year.

You might also note a strong Virgin America influence in the new identity.

Eastbay1K Jun 4, 2011 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by aviators99 (Post 9934098)

Q: Can you get a standby upgrade to first class?

A: Yes. If there are seats available 6 hours or less before departure, you can before check-in. The charge for upgrading depends on the flight distance: 849 miles or less is $70, 850-1499 miles is $110, and 1500 miles or more is $270. The best deal (longest distance within the cheapest category) is SEA-SFO, which still falls within the $70 upgrade. Some have said that you can do it *during* online check-in (OLCI), but I have found that to never work. In fact, if you get through the first page of OLCI, the online upgrade seems to not work. As long as there is a seat, you can upgrade to it. To do it on the web page, go to the page where you can manage the reservation. There will be a button that will allow you to check-in. Do not click it (yet), but note that it is there. Instead of pressing that, press the button that says "change seats". When you mouse over one of the first class seats, it should tell you how much the upgrade will cost, and it should be the price above, instead of the fare difference. Go ahead and select the seat and enter payment information. After you are all done and your credit card has been processed, you can check-in.

Is this still the "functional" procedure for upgrading?

aviators99 Jun 6, 2011 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 16503293)
Is this still the "functional" procedure for upgrading?

For me it is. But the prices have just changed. But I can't seem to find the new prices...

Eastbay1K Jun 6, 2011 11:29 am

Originally Posted by aviators99 (Post 16512694)
For me it is. But the prices have just changed. But I can't seem to find the new prices...

It was $169 for MCS>F

aviators99 Jun 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Added new upgrade fees.

aviators99 Jun 28, 2011 4:06 pm

Added names for 840 and 841

koroleon Jul 30, 2011 8:55 am

I'm sorry for posting the question here, but this is the kind of thing I expected to find in the FAQ:

I read that you can fly VX and earn miles in the other Virgin programs. But what about burning points/miles? Can you burn VX points to fly VS? Can you burn VS miles to fly VX?

CapsLock Aug 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Can Virgin America employees fly on Virgin Atlantic? Was curious to know since they are somewhat two different entities.

adambadam Sep 19, 2011 11:43 am

MC --> F

I am taking my first flight on VX in a couple weeks.

I am currently in a middle in the back of MC. I want to try out F though I also would rather have MCS than what I currently have.

Is my best strategy to go from MC to MCS at 24-hours then to F at 6? Can you do it like that(i.e. double upgrade) if space is available? The net cost looks to be the same.