Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elevate details?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2008, 11:55 pm

Not to take away the naysayers' fun, but how about the explanation of VX concentrating on getting the airline and operations right in a very difficult environment, at the expense of having to wait a little longer for the program details to be announced. Not saying a little more communication wouldn't be nice, but taking the delays as a sign of the airline shutting down is reaching a bit.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
So CrankyFlier speculates that the reason why you can't book premium coach seats is the eleVAte program will FINALLY be rolled out.

We’re currently evaluating a restructure of our main cabin seating selection, so in the interim we are holding select seats and guests will be unable to buy seats in the affected areas for travel past October 1.

We will announce the new offering later this month at NBTA [National Business Travel Association Convention the last week in July] and the affected seats will open up for sale in mid-September for October travel (travel dates prior to October 1 should be as normal right now and open for booking). We apologize for the inconvenience to guests, but hope they will be patient and appreciate the improved offering we will soon announce.
I can think of a couple reasons. The one that I find most interesting is that the airline is finally planning on defining their frequent flier program. You may not have noticed, but while you can earn frequent flier miles on the airline, you can’t actually redeem them for anything. They also haven’t told people how much will be necessary to redeem for free flights. Helpful, right?

Well, NBTA would be the place to define your frequent flier program, because the attendees are the ones who will be earning the most miles. This makes me wonder if there will be some sort of elite program where seats are blocked for the best customers. This would be a very interesting development, and it’s one that no low cost carrier has taken on before. I think this would actually be a very smart move on their part.
This sort of flies in the face of the fact that eleVAte doesn't have status levels outside of Founding Member, but maybe they're changing that?

That, or maybe something different's coming online. CF goes on to speculate that maybe they're going to add more F (which would help with revenue, one would think). Anyway, thought this was interesting.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So CrankyFlier speculates that the reason why you can't book premium coach seats is the eleVAte program will FINALLY be rolled out.

This sort of flies in the face of the fact that eleVAte doesn't have status levels outside of Founding Member, but maybe they're changing that?

That, or maybe something different's coming online. CF goes on to speculate that maybe they're going to add more F (which would help with revenue, one would think). Anyway, thought this was interesting.

I don't think it flies in the face of the no status level plans. It could be that these seats will only be available for purchase for eleVAte members, period (for example).

I think adding more first class seats would be the absolute right thing to do, as long as it doesn't take away from the quality of the product. It is definitely the best domestic F/C I've flown on since the '90s (disclaimer: I haven't flown UA PS). However, I suppose to do that they would need to be refitting planes, and it would be astounding if they are accepting delivery right now on planes without an expanded first class if they expect to need it as soon as October.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 1:35 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
DJ (Virgin Blue)'s Velocity Rewards, upon which Elevate is modelled, also didn't have status other than Founding Member for quite a while after that program was launched. They added 2 status levels later. I see VX doing likewise.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
DJ (Virgin Blue)'s Velocity Rewards, upon which Elevate is modelled, also didn't have status other than Founding Member for quite a while after that program was launched. They added 2 status levels later. I see VX doing likewise.
Did DJ specifically announce that they "would not have" status levels?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 2:13 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Initially yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.