Time for FT VX Sunset

Old Jan 3, 20, 5:04 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Southern California/Los Angeles
Programs: Various
Posts: 2,676
Time for FT VX Sunset

I nominate locking the threads on this, as there really is no relevant info to add. VX has been absorbed into AS and the Mileage Plan program.
Robt760 is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 12:46 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Over the Bay Bridge, CA
Programs: Jumbo mas
Posts: 31,852
What, you don't want to wait until the last defective VX F seat has been removed from service?
Eastbay1K is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 2:31 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Programs: Mileage Plan
Posts: 138
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
What, you don't want to wait until the last defective VX F seat has been removed from service?
I tongue-in-cheek second this. Until the last bit of purple-stained, worn-out leather and defective IFE is ripped out.
mfolf is offline  
Old Jan 7, 20, 3:27 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,552
The seats aren't defective. They haven't been maintained by the new management.

If you don't change the oil in your car for a few years the engine will seize. It doesn't make the car defective.
cmd320 and jjmadison like this.
VegasGambler is offline  
Old Jan 28, 20, 4:07 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco & Squaw Valley
Programs: Many, but currently grounded.
Posts: 3,243
For what it is worth, I think this forum should remain open until VX lifetime miles are added to our Mileage Plan accounts. ◊
worldwidedreamer is offline  
Old Jan 28, 20, 4:57 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,552
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post
For what it is worth, I think this forum should remain open until VX lifetime miles are added to our Mileage Plan accounts. ◊
You think FT will still be around in 2143?
VegasGambler is offline  
Old Feb 7, 20, 11:19 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: DCA / IAD
Programs: DL 360, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 246
Originally Posted by Robt760 View Post
I nominate locking the threads on this, as there really is no relevant info to add. VX has been absorbed into AS and the Mileage Plan program.
and why is this necessary?

you never contributed here to begin with. Go along your merry way.

#VXforever
A321neo is offline  
Old Feb 8, 20, 12:02 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,552
I flew in F in a refurbished A320 today. There was certainly nothing wrong with it. It compares favorably to other domestic F products. But it was not the same.

I paid for F every single time I flew VX. It was worth every penny and then some.
VegasGambler is offline  
Old Feb 14, 20, 4:21 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco & Squaw Valley
Programs: Many, but currently grounded.
Posts: 3,243
Honestly until Alaska figures out how to account for VX BIS miles in lifetime mileage, I think there is just cause for keeping this forum open.
worldwidedreamer is offline  
Old Feb 16, 20, 1:02 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Seattle
Programs: AS MVP
Posts: 1,690
Looking into using one of my AS companion codes. This one is still valid and I noticed in verbiage, I can still apply it to a Virgin America flight!

pcoll is offline  
Old Feb 22, 20, 7:39 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 9,675
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post
Honestly until Alaska figures out how to account for VX BIS miles in lifetime mileage, I think there is just cause for keeping this forum open.
When I asked MP recently, I was told that wasnít going to happen.
notquiteaff is offline  
Old Feb 22, 20, 7:40 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,552
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
When I asked MP recently, I was told that wasnít going to happen.
Yeah I think we have all pretty much figured out that it's not going to happen.

At least I got a 1.3x multiplier on my VX pts. That wasn't too bad.
VegasGambler is offline  
Old Feb 22, 20, 7:43 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 9,675
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
Yeah I think we have all pretty much figured out that it's not going to happen.

At least I got a 1.3x multiplier on my VX pts. That wasn't too bad.
It’s very unfortunate. This cost me about 5000 lifetime miles, and by my estimation instead of May 2042 I would have been MM in October of 2041. I am so upset.
notquiteaff is offline  
Old Feb 24, 20, 11:27 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco & Squaw Valley
Programs: Many, but currently grounded.
Posts: 3,243
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
Itís very unfortunate. This cost me about 5000 lifetime miles, and by my estimation instead of May 2042 I would have been MM in October of 2041. I am so upset.
Well for some of us, our lifetime miles on VX were many multiples of that.

I understand that when systems are integrated, sometimes data tables don't align. Would be nice if at least they could make a token gesture of 10k or 20k lifetime miles for VX customers, or at least VX elites. Still get that it does not make sense to hold my breath.
worldwidedreamer is offline  
Old Feb 24, 20, 11:40 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 9,675
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post
Well for some of us, our lifetime miles on VX were many multiples of that.

I understand that when systems are integrated, sometimes data tables don't align. Would be nice if at least they could make a token gesture of 10k or 20k lifetime miles for VX customers, or at least VX elites.
Agreed. It would be the right thing to do, even if it doesn’t benefit me personally.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
notquiteaff is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: