FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018-642/)
-   -   Time for FT VX Sunset (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018/2002545-time-ft-vx-sunset.html)

Robt760 Jan 3, 2020 5:04 pm

Time for FT VX Sunset

I nominate locking the threads on this, as there really is no relevant info to add. VX has been absorbed into AS and the Mileage Plan program.

Eastbay1K Jan 5, 2020 12:46 pm

What, you don't want to wait until the last defective VX F seat has been removed from service?

mfolf Jan 5, 2020 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 31912100)
What, you don't want to wait until the last defective VX F seat has been removed from service?

I tongue-in-cheek second this. Until the last bit of purple-stained, worn-out leather and defective IFE is ripped out.

VegasGambler Jan 7, 2020 3:27 pm

The seats aren't defective. They haven't been maintained by the new management.

If you don't change the oil in your car for a few years the engine will seize. It doesn't make the car defective.

worldwidedreamer Jan 28, 2020 4:07 pm

For what it is worth, I think this forum should remain open until VX lifetime miles are added to our Mileage Plan accounts. ×

VegasGambler Jan 28, 2020 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer (Post 32005641)
For what it is worth, I think this forum should remain open until VX lifetime miles are added to our Mileage Plan accounts. ×

You think FT will still be around in 2143?

A321neo Feb 7, 2020 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Robt760 (Post 31906055)
I nominate locking the threads on this, as there really is no relevant info to add. VX has been absorbed into AS and the Mileage Plan program.

and why is this necessary?

you never contributed here to begin with. Go along your merry way.

#VXforever

VegasGambler Feb 8, 2020 12:02 am

I flew in F in a refurbished A320 today. There was certainly nothing wrong with it. It compares favorably to other domestic F products. But it was not the same.

I paid for F every single time I flew VX. It was worth every penny and then some.

worldwidedreamer Feb 14, 2020 4:21 pm

Honestly until Alaska figures out how to account for VX BIS miles in lifetime mileage, I think there is just cause for keeping this forum open.

pcoll Feb 16, 2020 1:02 pm

Looking into using one of my AS companion codes. This one is still valid and I noticed in verbiage, I can still apply it to a Virgin America flight!

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c48c88519.jpeg

notquiteaff Feb 22, 2020 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer (Post 32073382)
Honestly until Alaska figures out how to account for VX BIS miles in lifetime mileage, I think there is just cause for keeping this forum open.

When I asked MP recently, I was told that wasn’t going to happen.

VegasGambler Feb 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff (Post 32101930)
When I asked MP recently, I was told that wasn’t going to happen.

Yeah I think we have all pretty much figured out that it's not going to happen.

At least I got a 1.3x multiplier on my VX pts. That wasn't too bad.

notquiteaff Feb 22, 2020 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 32101934)
Yeah I think we have all pretty much figured out that it's not going to happen.

At least I got a 1.3x multiplier on my VX pts. That wasn't too bad.

It’s very unfortunate. This cost me about 5000 lifetime miles, and by my estimation instead of May 2042 I would have been MM in October of 2041. I am so upset.

worldwidedreamer Feb 24, 2020 11:27 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff (Post 32101947)
It’s very unfortunate. This cost me about 5000 lifetime miles, and by my estimation instead of May 2042 I would have been MM in October of 2041. I am so upset.

Well for some of us, our lifetime miles on VX were many multiples of that.

I understand that when systems are integrated, sometimes data tables don't align. Would be nice if at least they could make a token gesture of 10k or 20k lifetime miles for VX customers, or at least VX elites. Still get that it does not make sense to hold my breath.

notquiteaff Feb 24, 2020 11:40 am

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer (Post 32107651)
Well for some of us, our lifetime miles on VX were many multiples of that.

I understand that when systems are integrated, sometimes data tables don't align. Would be nice if at least they could make a token gesture of 10k or 20k lifetime miles for VX customers, or at least VX elites.

Agreed. It would be the right thing to do, even if it doesn’t benefit me personally.