Wiki Posts
Search

Time for FT VX Sunset

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various
Time for FT VX Sunset

I nominate locking the threads on this, as there really is no relevant info to add. VX has been absorbed into AS and the Mileage Plan program.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
What, you don't want to wait until the last defective VX F seat has been removed from service?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
What, you don't want to wait until the last defective VX F seat has been removed from service?
I tongue-in-cheek second this. Until the last bit of purple-stained, worn-out leather and defective IFE is ripped out.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The seats aren't defective. They haven't been maintained by the new management.

If you don't change the oil in your car for a few years the engine will seize. It doesn't make the car defective.
cmd320 and jjmadison like this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
For what it is worth, I think this forum should remain open until VX lifetime miles are added to our Mileage Plan accounts. ×
Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
For what it is worth, I think this forum should remain open until VX lifetime miles are added to our Mileage Plan accounts. ×
You think FT will still be around in 2143?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Robt760
I nominate locking the threads on this, as there really is no relevant info to add. VX has been absorbed into AS and the Mileage Plan program.
and why is this necessary?

you never contributed here to begin with. Go along your merry way.

#VXforever
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I flew in F in a refurbished A320 today. There was certainly nothing wrong with it. It compares favorably to other domestic F products. But it was not the same.

I paid for F every single time I flew VX. It was worth every penny and then some.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Honestly until Alaska figures out how to account for VX BIS miles in lifetime mileage, I think there is just cause for keeping this forum open.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS
Looking into using one of my AS companion codes. This one is still valid and I noticed in verbiage, I can still apply it to a Virgin America flight!

Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Honestly until Alaska figures out how to account for VX BIS miles in lifetime mileage, I think there is just cause for keeping this forum open.
When I asked MP recently, I was told that wasn’t going to happen.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
When I asked MP recently, I was told that wasn’t going to happen.
Yeah I think we have all pretty much figured out that it's not going to happen.

At least I got a 1.3x multiplier on my VX pts. That wasn't too bad.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Yeah I think we have all pretty much figured out that it's not going to happen.

At least I got a 1.3x multiplier on my VX pts. That wasn't too bad.
It’s very unfortunate. This cost me about 5000 lifetime miles, and by my estimation instead of May 2042 I would have been MM in October of 2041. I am so upset.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
It’s very unfortunate. This cost me about 5000 lifetime miles, and by my estimation instead of May 2042 I would have been MM in October of 2041. I am so upset.
Well for some of us, our lifetime miles on VX were many multiples of that.

I understand that when systems are integrated, sometimes data tables don't align. Would be nice if at least they could make a token gesture of 10k or 20k lifetime miles for VX customers, or at least VX elites. Still get that it does not make sense to hold my breath.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well for some of us, our lifetime miles on VX were many multiples of that.

I understand that when systems are integrated, sometimes data tables don't align. Would be nice if at least they could make a token gesture of 10k or 20k lifetime miles for VX customers, or at least VX elites.
Agreed. It would be the right thing to do, even if it doesn’t benefit me personally.
worldwidedreamer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.