Elevate ending 31 Dec 2017

Old Apr 4, 17, 11:04 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: YYZ, HKG, MFM
Programs: AC25K, AS MVP, WS Silver, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, DL,BA,KE
Posts: 1,929
I transferred 20k SPG points to my VX account before the partnership ended, I ended up using the 15k on an EK flight, which is not possible with AS miles. I still have 12k left in my account, which I am very unlikely to use it on VX or it's partner, but I will keep it in VX for now unless they announce the end of the 30% bonus transfer.
Jma12 is offline  
Old Apr 4, 17, 11:42 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NYC
Programs: UA Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Posts: 223
Am I the only one having trouble transferring points? The registration process of my Mileage Plan account on Points.com is failing (Points.com is saying I need to contact Alaska for more info).

I can't say I'm thrilled by any of the transition so far: I have been an Elevate member since 2009 but never received the email with a pre-assigned Mileage Plan number and 10k/$100 welcome bonus. When I contacted Mileage Plan to inquire about it, I was told that I wasn't eligible because I had created an Elevate account in February 2017. I had to provide screenshots and old account statements to prove that I was indeed an old member. Each email in the thread with Alaska Mileage Plan was replied to after about one week: three weeks total to sort out a simple issue.
kenadams is offline  
Old Apr 5, 17, 4:26 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Programs: VX Elevate Gold
Posts: 90
Originally Posted by kenadams View Post
Am I the only one having trouble transferring points? The registration process of my Mileage Plan account on Points.com is failing (Points.com is saying I need to contact Alaska for more info).
I had a lot of problems transferring my point to AS Mileage Plan...Somehow my wife's elevate account was connected to my AS account (as was mine) which was breaking whatever process Points.com had.

I had to call, which was, based on my dealings with VX when I had problems, super easy. Very professional people who seemed determined to fix the problem (which they did). So, I'd suggest just giving them a call and hopefully they'll sort it out.

Still, I have zero intention of being an AS customer...Draining my points flying me + my family from SAN->BOS and then I'm out. B6 all the way
bevnetcraven is offline  
Old Apr 5, 17, 7:49 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NYC
Programs: UA Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by bevnetcraven View Post
I had a lot of problems transferring my point to AS Mileage Plan...Somehow my wife's elevate account was connected to my AS account (as was mine) which was breaking whatever process Points.com had.

I had to call, which was, based on my dealings with VX when I had problems, super easy. Very professional people who seemed determined to fix the problem (which they did). So, I'd suggest just giving them a call and hopefully they'll sort it out.
My problem is actually with connecting the Alaska account to Points.com - the Elevate side of things is OK.

Still, I have zero intention of being an AS customer...Draining my points flying me + my family from SAN->BOS and then I'm out. B6 all the way
I am also a B6 fan, but I live in SF and have limited options with them. I've always been fairly happy with Alaska in the past, they just seem to be screwing everything up as far as I am concerned in this transaction. Hopefully it's just bad luck.
kenadams is offline  
Old Apr 9, 17, 7:02 pm
  #20  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BOS/ORH
Programs: AS MVPG
Posts: 18,072
Mine transferred just fine. it took at least 24 hours and was not instant. 1:1.3
CDKing is offline  
Old Jul 31, 17, 12:06 pm
  #21  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Danville, CA, USA;
Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, DL Plat, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Ambassador
Posts: 12,740
Not sure if this deserves a new thread, but I just made a reservation today for 2018 via VX website and the FF drop down box only allowed me to enter Alaska FF #s - VX was not an option. Too bad would prefer VX points for this short flight
Boraxo is offline  
Old Jul 31, 17, 12:22 pm
  #22  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Over the Bay Bridge, CA
Programs: Jumbo mas
Posts: 31,954
Originally Posted by Boraxo View Post
Not sure if this deserves a new thread, but I just made a reservation today for 2018 via VX website and the FF drop down box only allowed me to enter Alaska FF #s - VX was not an option. Too bad would prefer VX points for this short flight
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you might find
You get Alaska miles ....

(Eggs are too expensive to throw, so please don't.)
Eastbay1K is offline  
Old Jul 31, 17, 1:07 pm
  #23  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SEA, but up and down the coast a lot
Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Posts: 18,121
Originally Posted by Boraxo View Post
Not sure if this deserves a new thread, but I just made a reservation today for 2018 via VX website and the FF drop down box only allowed me to enter Alaska FF #s - VX was not an option. Too bad would prefer VX points for this short flight
Elevate is being forcibly shut down 1/1/18.
eponymous_coward is offline  
Old Jul 31, 17, 6:07 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: YVR SFO EOF
Programs: UA 1K, VX S
Posts: 4,865
If I can VX Silver status this year via the VX program, will I get AS MVP next year?
unavaca is offline  
Old Aug 1, 17, 5:56 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Preferably waiting for takeoff
Programs: DLSL, MVP75K, Accor Diamond, Marriott Plat
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by unavaca View Post
If I can VX Silver status this year via the VX program, will I get AS MVP next year?
From the VX website: https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/al...irgin-top-faqs

2. What is happening to the Elevate Gold and Silver Program?

Elevate Gold or Silver members still have access to the same great benefits you currently enjoy on flights operated by Virgin America through Dec 31, 2017.

Elevate members with a join date before March 23, 2017 who qualify for Elevate Gold or Silver status in 2017 will be matched to an equivalent status in Alaskaís Mileage Plan program in early 2018. Members must re-qualify for status based on Mileage Planís elite qualifying thresholds in 2018 to retain status in 2019.
jimmygottfredson is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: