Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RIP VX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
All of us in inflight at VX are being integrated into AS....the details about how seniority will work and what the bases will be are still vague. I have to say that even though we are all sad and have shed a lot of tears (one of my pilots cried during his briefing the other day as he thanked us for all of our hard work), we are also excited to earn much more money and have much more employee-friendly work rules than we had at VX. That's not to knock VX - I wouldn't trade the past several years for anything and wish that we could continue. But I think you will see the majority of us at AS. We are excited about training together and having all VX crews working AS flights.

This is a sad time for all of us, but we have to find the bright side. We will still be operating as normal for the next 16 months or so, therefore, we have to put our smile on everyday and continue offering our great service. Just pardon us if you see us taking crew photos like crazy before boarding =)
Thats is truly an amazing attitude, and I can imagine the intense emotions that were caused by this announcement. As a member of the AS community (customer/[hopful] future employee), I just wanted to extend a warm welcome to everyone at VX. I can see the excitement and energy that you all put into your work every day. Since the announcement, it has become clear that the entire VX team is enthusiastic and excited about their airline, and for good reason.

There are thousands of amazing people at Alaska who are passionate about what they do. While the future isn't clear, I am excited to see new faces onboard, and at the airport. The culture at AAG is vibrant, and friendly, and I hope you will love it. I think AS has a lot it can learn from its new sibling; I am excited to see where this merger will take the airlines, and I cannot wait continue going 'North of Expected' with new friends.

Welcome aboard.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by cmd320
The point for me is that VX was not solely focused on providing a good product to the premium transcon market. They are the only airline that offers a halfway decent domestic F product on routes like DAL-SFO/LAX/DCA/LGA, West coast-ORD, FLL-JFK, etc. etc.
Indeed. This is going to be a huge loss for the Dallas market. Alaska will likely sell its gates to Southwest, turning Love Field into a monopoly port.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: Virgin America
Still no March points for anyone??
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
Indeed. This is going to be a huge loss for the Dallas market. Alaska will likely sell its gates to Southwest, turning Love Field into a monopoly port.
That is not possible.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:50 pm

Nope

Originally Posted by skron
No points yet...Starting to get annoying as I want to spend my remaining points as soon as possible and there is a flight I want to book but can't because of this.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Phamer55
No points yet...Starting to get annoying as I want to spend my remaining points as soon as possible and there is a flight I want to book but can't because of this.
Yeah, I could really use mine too, and my companion ticket.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by skron
I got mine at the normal time.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:58 pm

March Points Posted Today

My March credit card points finally posted today, April 12.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:01 pm

Good to hear, still waiting on mine.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:52 am
Suspended

I still haven't got my points for that referral promotion where I could refer 5 new people for 500 points each. This seems like forever ago.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by AAddicted
That is not possible.
That is what United did... seems reasonable to expect Virgin to do the same.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
That is what United did... seems reasonable to expect Virgin to do the same.
United sold their gates because they owned them, unlike Virgin. VX is subleasing the gates from AA which can only mean they would revert back to AA if AS moved the flights back to DFW.

VX/AS can walk away from the lease or grow the station.. that's it.

Additionally WN is prohibited by the DOT to assume any additional gates via purchase or lease at DAL.

Last edited by AAddicted; Apr 17, 2016 at 7:36 pm
Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AAddicted
United sold their gates because they owned them, unlike Virgin. VX is subleasing the gates from AA which can only mean they would revert back to AA if AS moved the flights back to DFW.

VX/AS can walk away from the lease or grow the station.. that's it.

Additionally WN is prohibited by the DOT to assume any additional gates via purchase or lease at DAL.
It's a sub-lease? They own the gates but are banned by the DOJ from using them? Odd.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:14 pm

Point Vanished!

Well, as others have reported, now my points are gone! The April 12th transaction no longer shows. What a mess!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:38 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I'm showing no points yet for March...and there were definitely points to be earned then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.