Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

How to get passport back in time for mid-June travel? (US citizen living in Canada)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get passport back in time for mid-June travel? (US citizen living in Canada)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2023, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP

I'm a US citizen living in Vancouver, Canada.
  • I mailed my US passport in for renewal ("routine processing") on Thursday March 16
  • I have planned international travel departing on June 15
  • At the time when I sent it, the State Department website was showing 8 to 11 weeks as the routine processing time
  • My passport wasn't marked as received (at https://passportstatus.state.gov) until March 30, 2 weeks after I mailed
  • Subsequent to mailing it in, the "routine processing" time on the State Department website was increased to 11 to 13 weeks (😱😱😱!)
  • Since then, there's been absolutely no progress in my passport status. Still shows as "processing" at https://passportstatus.state.gov
Seems extremely unlike that I'm going to get it back in time for my travel without some kind of special intervention at this point.

On the Passport Status page, it says…
If you are traveling within two weeks and have not received your passport, please contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 (or TDD/TTY 1-888-874-7793) with your application locator number.
I've called them repeatedly now, and unable to get through due to high call volume. Has anyone else tried any other approaches… contacting Members of Congress, local consulates, etc? Any tips?
brodyharttman likes this.

Last edited by dlenski; May 23, 2023 at 2:13 pm
Old May 25, 2023, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP
Just got the notification that it's been mailed… whew! https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35278810-post2501.html
mnbp likes this.
Old May 26, 2023, 3:49 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
I am going to close this thread, as it's important for anything related to passport waits to be consolidated in the master thread. The OP has been a participant in the master thread already: Current US passport wait? (Merged Threads) - FlyerTalk Forums
_
_
_
_

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.