Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

Tourism in USA allowed? ESTA still running?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2021, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar

I am a UK national, who would quarantine for 2 weeks in lets say Mexico, before heading to the USA.
The regulations don't seem to explicitely state entry to the US is permitted for tourism (if not coming from the travel ban countries)
Will I be able to enter the USA? Is the ESTA Scheme up and running?

Apologies if this has been asked, but all the previous threads/posts I could find involved US Spouses.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 11:34 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
It's discussed in the USA halts entry of visitors who’ve been in UK, Ireland, Schengen countries thread.
Originally Posted by Komodromou
Would I be right in thinking that as a UK citizen I can travel to Mexico and still get into the US after my 15 days there? Just want to make sure they haven't changed the rules
Newbtravelle and Komodromou like this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 2:04 am

im in the same position. ive been told that if i have an esta i could quarantine in mexico for 14days and fly to USA without restrictions
Old Apr 24, 2021, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by madman2
im in the same position. ive been told that if i have an esta i could quarantine in mexico for 14days and fly to USA without restrictions
Hi madman2,

Welcome to flyertalk.

The above information and the link provided by TWA884 is correct. With a 2 week stay in Mexico , you can then enter the US with no restrictions.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Apr 24, 2021 at 7:06 am
Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You will require a negative Covid-19 result in order to board your flight to the US (this is the case for everyone, including US nationals returning home).
GUWonder likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:33 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I did that in January and hope to do again in June.
Old May 23, 2021, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
No problem doing that in late March. Hope not to have to repeat the experience later this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.