Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

Any B2 visa holders recently traveled to US?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2021, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Hi,
We are planning to travel to Florida in mid July. We are Turkish nationals and B2 visa holders and we would be travelling for tourism purposes. Currently there are no travel restrictions from Turkey to the US so from what I understand, we should be allowed to travel as usual, as long as we have negative PCR tests. Has anybody traveled to the US from a non-restricted country with a B2 visa recently? Were there any additional issues to be aware of in addition to the regular customs & immigration clearance? I know non-essential travel isn't encouraged but am I right in thinking that it is still allowed with the exception of the restricted countries? Many thanks.
Old May 22, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: ShebaMiles Blue, Skywards Blue
As long as your B2 visa is active and your point of departure or transit point is not on the CDC list of prohibited countries you will be fine
Old May 22, 2021, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Within the last few weeks, I know many people from Turkey who have traveled to the USA with a B1/B2 visa for non-essential purposes and had no issues.
Just avoid transferring at a restricted area so if possible fly direct with TK.
Old May 22, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
My family just came to the US last month on B1/B2 visas from BAH via AUH. As has been mentioned, have the PCR test ready and don't transit or layover in the Schengen area, UK, or Ireland (in addition to Iran, India, Brazil, China and South Africa). Flying from IST to the US directly should be absolutely fine.
Old May 25, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Sister in law just arrived from Mexico....
Old May 28, 2021, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much for all your replies. We will be travelling from Istanbul via Doha with Qatar Airways so we won't be in any restricted countries. Fingers crossed the rules don't change between now and July!
Nayef and ISTFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.