Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maximum US Passport Processing Times?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milepig
Time to get your senator involved. This makes no sense.
Really? Can I do that?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Forget useless politicians. Suggest you use a private passport/visa expedite service like rushmypassport.com and just start over.
Their standard service can get you a passport within 10 days, 24 hours in urgent cases. I've used them on numerous occasions and they've been great.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JY1024
Moving this to the USA forum, where this topic is discussed regularly. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Thank you. I never know where these things go! ^
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777
Forget useless politicians. Suggest you use a private passport/visa expedite service like rushmypassport.com and just start over.
Their standard service can get you a passport within 10 days, 24 hours in urgent cases. I've used them on numerous occasions and they've been great.
There is no such thing as a passport expedite service.

Says so right on the DOS site.

Also, if my application is pending, how can I file a second time?

Don't I need my passport for that?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UNGGOY
There is no such thing as a passport expedite service. Says so right on the DOS site.
Also, if my application is pending, how can I file a second time?
Don't I need my passport for that?
Of course there is expedite service. Did you even read the rushmypassport.com link?
After 1 year, it is no longer pending. It is lost. The DOS screwed up.
Use a private service that knows how to get things done. And uses FedEx not USPS.
Just start over.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I recently used rushmypassport.com, and they delivered quickly and a day or two better than promised. They're a bit expensive, but a reputable company.

OP, if you're really looking for help, you are getting reasonable advice here.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by UNGGOY
Really? Can I do that?
Yes, their office will send a Congressional inquiry to the DoS location involved. I work for a Federal agency and have to deal with receiving this type of inquiry all the time...sometimes it's crackpot grievances but not always and it can shake things loose. Have all of your facts and information, clearly set forth the timeline; be factual in describing your issue and the impact to you but don't be emotional or ranting, as that won't help.

Since you've already submitted a package, and the DoS location apparently doesn't deny they have it, it seems like this would be better than trying to start over, which could cause more confusion perhaps.

In the meantime, when you contact the location that's supposed to be handling your application, have you escalated the issue and specifically asked to speak with a supervisor or higher-level person? If not, do that as well. Again, be assertive but unemotional and polite, but insist on escalating the problem.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:27 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
The OP has received feedback, but felt the necessity to debate the responders in a less than friendly manner. Reasonable and logical ideas were presented. Consequently the thread is now closed.

I get have the last word here. Hundreds and hundreds of Flyertalkers have used passport (and visa) expediting firms at some point in their lives, me being one of them. While I'm sure there are some firms better than others, it is a legitimate service industry that has been around for generations, establishing a niche which a subset of people are willing to pay a fee for. Not everybody has the benefit of time and geography to deal with the State Department's bureaucracy.

It is rare anecdotally for the Passport Agency to lose an application once it reaches their office. However getting it from the hands of the applicant to that office involves some level of risk.

Last edited by Moderator2; Jan 6, 2017 at 10:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.