Reload this Page >

Cheapest U.S. City to Hold a Conference for about 75

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest U.S. City to Hold a Conference for about 75

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:24 pm

Check out prices at airport hotels too. We've run conferences all over the country but the most reasonably priced cities that stick out in my mind were Dallas, LAS, PHX and, believe it or not, a Disney property hotel, the Coronado.

Bobette
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Airport hotels are a pretty decent bet for a group of that size, I have done a few conferences at such places, normally get a pretty decent room rate / extras included etc. No need for car hire or transportation from the airport.

Miami, Orlando, Vegas, Chicago, are all pretty popular options and you can get good rates if you are willing to be flexible.

I would look at exactly where the delegates are coming from (East? West?) Rarely is there a really even spread (for some things I do, for example, I see larger numbers from NY, Washington, Chicago, so I would not pick somewhere on the West Coast, even though there will be a few from LA and San Francisco. I tend to find that West coasters have an easier time getting approval to come East than those on the East do going West [especially to Vegas - perception carries a lot of weight]).

It is a small enough group that you can do this within a single hotel and their conference facilities. You can normally negotiate some pretty great rates and they will tailor it to what works for you (e.g. for me, free room nights work perfectly, as I will be paying a central bill, if individuals are paying their rooming themselves, then that option is very hard to manage in practice, and you might instead want to negotiate for free snack breaks / drinks / a lunch package in the conference session).

I would suggest involving a travel agent who specializes in group travel. They will know the options available, know exactly what they should be negotiating for in terms of discounts / freebies and may be able to organize a discount with airlines (I am not sure about US airlines but there does exist a mechanism for conference discounts with Canadian airlines, even if people are flying different routes).

I will also throw Toronto out there as an option. Pick the right dates, and there are absolutely bargains to be had especially with the very strong US dollar at the moment, you get an extra third in savings effectively!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Cross-border air travel requires a passport or NEXUS card, which increases the costs and hassles for a lot of people in the U.S. That is why generally we now rule out Canada and other countries that are willing to admit in U.S. citizens without a passport.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:37 am

I'll suggest you in Panama City you should hold a conference. There are many hotels or resorts in which conference hall is available. You can check on net.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:06 pm

I was wondering when BNA would be mentioned. Or a place like Tulsa.

Originally Posted by rasheed
A few other Midwest cities to consider, DEN, STL and BNA.

Cities with a strong Spirit or other LCC are good options from an airfare perspective.

Cities I would not consider due to cost include DAL, ORD, ATL, etc.

Rasheed
Old Dec 19, 2015, 11:33 pm
Suspended

Knoxville, Orlando...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.