Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F/A looking for advice on booking with points

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:30 am
Original Poster

F/A looking for advice on booking with points

I have vacation this month and I'm thinking about a last minute ski trip to BigSky or Whitefish MT. I have a lot of points with US and would like to know what is the best way to book US/UA with them. I would be flying CLT-BIL or CLT-FCA. Thanks for any advice! Tahitigirl
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Quick way to check US award availability (without calling) is award resv page by typing CLT-BIL or CLT-FCA for the dates of your choice.

You'd have to call if any partner flights are involved....
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kudzu
Quick way to check US award availability (without calling) is award resv page by typing CLT-BIL or CLT-FCA for the dates of your choice.

You'd have to call if any partner flights are involved....
I've tried that. Nothing shows up in MT. So if it involves a code share partner I have to call? I've been collecting points for years but have only used them to upgrade so I'm really clueless.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:56 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
The ANA Tool is a great way to search for all Star Alliance availability. You just sign up for their frequent flyer program to login and then you can search for Star Alliance availability.

http://www.anaskyweb.com/us/e/

You could always look for Saver Award availability on United.com too. I think they have a calendar search so it would be easier to see the whole month.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

I did sign up for the ANA tool and it's pretty cool only thing is it does not have the BIL or FCA city codes. I did get a great message from a friend from USaviation with UA's flight between ORD, DEN and BIL, FCA. The ANA will be helpful in the future.

Last edited by tahitigirl; Mar 7, 2009 at 2:33 pm
Old Mar 7, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.75 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You can manually enter the airport code instead of using the drop down boxes.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice guys!! I've decided to go tropical after all. I found a deal in CUN that I couldn't turn down. In the furture I'll use all the advice given to book with points. The ANA tool is great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.