Wiki Posts
Search

reissue unused non-refundable ticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2009, 12:42 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

reissue unused non-refundable ticket

I have an unused ticket that is approaching 1 yr old, and I am told that I need to have a ticket issued for travel to be completed by the 1 yr anniversary. The ticket carries a $100 change fee

QUESTION: Can I have the ticket issued, and then change it again (for another change fee) and use the second ticket sometime in the future (beyond the 1 yr date of the originial ticket from 2008) ?

John
Old Mar 7, 2009, 12:58 pm

Programs: None
As long as you exchange the value of the original ticket for a new ticket within one year, you can book that new ticket as much as a year out. That gives you nearly 2 years from the flight date of the original ticket to the flight date of the new ticket.

Longer than that and I don't know.

Jim
Old Mar 7, 2009, 1:24 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Unhappy

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
As long as you exchange the value of the original ticket for a new ticket within one year, you can book that new ticket as much as a year out.
The USAirways Reservations Desk said that I must COMPLETE travel on the newly issued ticket BEFORE the 1-yr anniversary of the original ticket. I thought as you suggest...
Old Mar 7, 2009, 2:15 pm

Oops, my mistake. They're right.

# If a reservation is canceled on/before the ticketed departure date, the value of the ticket may be applied toward future travel up to one year from the original issue date.
# Travel on the new ticket must be completed within one year of the original date of issue

I guess I was thinking of vouchers or something...

Jim
Old Mar 14, 2009, 4:52 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Red face three tickets ?

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
[I]# If a reservation is canceled on/before the ticketed departure date, the value of the ticket may be applied toward future travel up to one year from the original issue date.
So, this ticket has a high residual value. Do you think I can get a new ticket issued, then cancel that ticket, and be able to have another ticket issued within 1 yr of the second ticket. I know I get hit with 2 change fees. The first is $100, and I think the second would be $150.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 5:47 pm

That I can't answer, and it might depend on whether something was put in the PNR about the reissue of the first ticket. If your record indicates that the original ticket was reissued, you might be stuck using the second, third, etc, reissue within a year of the time the original ticket was issued.

Jim
Old Mar 15, 2009, 1:38 am

Programs: us cp, delta gold, marriott silver, hyatt gold, starwood gold.
I recently had a ticket I purchased in June 2008 for a Feb 2009 trip.
Had to cancel the trip and reticketed for xmas 2009.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 8:51 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mhttoanywhere
I recently had a ticket I purchased in June 2008 for a Feb 2009 trip.
Had to cancel the trip and reticketed for xmas 2009.
That's helpful. At the end of the day, it is worth a try, since I cannot use a new ticket by the anniversary date of the first ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.