Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:35 pm
lex
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hhonors Diamond
$215 annual USair club membership

Just got this email:

$215 for annual Club memberships
Become a US Airways Club member and save $175. We value your loyalty and want to reward you with this special offer, but you've got to join quickly. You've only got until March 16, 2009 and you must join online using promotion code CLB100.

Annual Club membership $390
Preferred member discount -$75
Instant savings -$100

Limited time offer $215
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LUS DM CP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Emerald Exec
Just received it also - appears to be targeted - T&C's say not transferable and you have to sign up using the link on the email.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Both me and my travel client just received the offer. This is the 2nd time in 12 years as an elite that US has even invited me to be a member. LOL
Old Mar 2, 2009, 1:36 pm
Suspended

I got same email, and it's cheap but I think ultimately still not worth it. Unless you are actually using the club for meetings.

I don't understand the allure of the club. Seems to have completely lost its purpose, especially for the many clubs that are before security. As a frequent flier, I'd much rather time my departure properly so I can spend that extra time in my office or with my family -- why on earth should I get there early to lounge around in a "club." To feel special? I think that is what most people get out of it.

It's a nice backup if a flight is severely delayed but other than that I don't get it.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: US Platinum, MR Platinum, HH Silver VIP, National Executive
Originally Posted by masonuc
I don't understand the allure of the club. Seems to have completely lost its purpose, especially for the many clubs that are before security. As a frequent flier, I'd much rather time my departure properly so I can spend that extra time in my office or with my family -- why on earth should I get there early to lounge around in a "club." To feel special? I think that is what most people get out of it.

It's a nice backup if a flight is severely delayed but other than that I don't get it.

My sentiments exactly!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
My reasons for my Delta CRC membership are:

1. Club agents for IRROPS.

2. Workspace between connections (I always have to connect from TRI to...)

3. The complimentary Internet access so I can get something done (see #2!)

4. The mostly peace and quiet, away from the crowds.

5. Complimentary adult beverages, regular beverages, and snacks, should I so desire.

Take a couple of those reasons of those out of the equation for US clubs and that lowers the value proposition. I feel like I get true value from my DL CRC membership.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by me4yankees

1. Club agents for IRROPS.

2. Workspace between connections (I always have to connect from TRI to...)

3. The complimentary Internet access so I can get something done (see #2!)

4. The mostly peace and quiet, away from the crowds.

5. Complimentary adult beverages, regular beverages, and snacks, should I so desire.

Take a couple of those reasons of those out of the equation for US clubs and that lowers the value proposition. I feel like I get true value from my DL CRC membership.
Soon #1-4 will be covered by US Club (#3 in the works).

#5 No complimentary adult beverages, no good snacks. I guess this is to make up the difference in price between it and CRC.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 2:41 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Gold, Former US CP Since They Invented It
I actually belong to exactly NONE of the clubs.

I do have and provide for our employees a Platinum AMEX, which gives us access to AA, CO, DL and NW.....which are, coincidentally, the airlines we fly, predominantly...and the better of all the airline clubs.

I use to belong to the US Club...but like many things, they destroyed that too...so, no reason to belong.

Even at $215...it's still a "marginal" deal. At PHL, I actually believe the airport is not preferable to the US Club....I feel the same way in PIT...

In CLT and PHX....I can see the use of the Club...PHX is really just not a fun place to be...and CLT can be loud and crowded.

If I actually wanted to fly US...I'd consider a $215 membership...but....well, y'all know.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 2:46 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
With this membership, can one use the United Red Carpet Clubs (when traveling on United metal)?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 2:58 pm

US charges an additional amount for the RCC add-on.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by iztok
Soon #1-4 will be covered by US Club (#3 in the works).

#5 No complimentary adult beverages, no good snacks. I guess this is to make up the difference in price between it and CRC.
Sure does! LOL

Actually, I'm a proponent of brand loyalty, and I am loyal to Delta, so that is part of the reason I have a club membership with them. I also like that I have access to the NW WCs, as the ones I have frequented are better than the DL CRCs.

They also offered a good incentive to buy the last couple of years. When you purchased or renewed in December with an Amex, they gave you two extra months. So the last two years I have gotten 28 months for the price of 24.

DL also now offers the three-year membership la NW.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by masonuc
I got same email, and it's cheap but I think ultimately still not worth it. Unless you are actually using the club for meetings.

There's nothing special about the clubs. I belong because I almost always have to connect and it's nice to have somewhere to go awaiting my next flight. Didn't use it much when I lived in PHL and DCA and most flights were direct.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by me4yankees

LOL. I missed the first line of your post, so when I got to #5 I thought they went to offering free drinks. It always did irritate me how I had to pay airport prices for my drinks when in the US clubs.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 4:33 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by photojojo
LOL. I missed the first line of your post, so when I got to #5 I thought they went to offering free drinks. It always did irritate me how I had to pay airport prices for my drinks when in the US clubs.
Honestly, at $215 per club membership, how many free adult drinks do you think US could give out and still break even?
Old Mar 3, 2009, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Honestly, at $215 per club membership, how many free adult drinks do you think US could give out and still break even?
AF, LH et al don't seem to have a problem breaking even, despite (or because of?) giving their elites complimentary lounge access, including adult drinks! @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.