Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US Airways Flight Attendant would not tell me where flight crew stayed near Airport!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Flight Attendant would not tell me where flight crew stayed near Airport!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2009, 8:52 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by username
Yes, out of line.

Also, I would not count on US putting its FAs in good hotels
Don't speak of what you don't know. I've seen US crew in decent hotels (like Marriotts for example).
Old Jan 23, 2009, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Red face

Originally Posted by GalleyWench
If you were talking about me you could simply say "the drop dead gorgeous bombshell" and they would immediately know you were talking about Galley Wench.
Were do I input my request to meet "that drop-dead gorgeous bombshell from FT" in my reservation/itinerary ? ;P
Old Oct 19, 2014, 2:11 pm

I am a US Airways Flight Attendant and former new hire Flight Attendant Instructor. The flight attendant who you encountered responded in a rude manner. Her reaction should have been, I am sorry but we do not disclose our hotel location for Security Purposes. The reader who said that if that was the excuse given, then it was a poor one, as it is a blanket excuse. He couldn't be more wrong. We always have told our crew members not to disclose our hotel location for security purposes and this practice goes back over 45 years. It has been a problem in the past, and to alleviate this crews are told not to reveal their location.
I would have no problem recommending a hotel in cities that I frequent and could make such a call. I may even recommend the hotel that we stay in, but I would not reveal that.
I hope that I have answered your question and that you can understand our point of view.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by Alleghenyman
I am a US Airways Flight Attendant and former new hire Flight Attendant Instructor. The flight attendant who you encountered responded in a rude manner. Her reaction should have been, I am sorry but we do not disclose our hotel location for Security Purposes. The reader who said that if that was the excuse given, then it was a poor one, as it is a blanket excuse. He couldn't be more wrong. We always have told our crew members not to disclose our hotel location for security purposes and this practice goes back over 45 years. It has been a problem in the past, and to alleviate this crews are told not to reveal their location.
I would have no problem recommending a hotel in cities that I frequent and could make such a call. I may even recommend the hotel that we stay in, but I would not reveal that.
I hope that I have answered your question and that you can understand our point of view.
That question was asked over five years ago.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA (lame duck)1K, US Plat,HHonors Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Plat, MR Platinum
Originally Posted by NovaEngr
That question was asked over five years ago.
consistent with response times from US Customer Svc?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
If you are at the arriving area at any airport where the hotel shuttle vans pick up crews you can clearly see what hotel crews may be staying at. Also I have seen crews leave there schedule behind say at a gate and it shows hotels. One time I even found a complete FA schedule for the whole month for United showing every layover hotel. I think 99.999 per cent of people find it interesting where crews stays no harm intended.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Alleghenyman, welcome and thanks for adding your perspective. (Note FT prefers threads over a couple of years without activity not be posted to.)

In any case, inquiring where crew are staying is an inappropriate request. The possibilities may be statistically low, but such information has caused, and can cause, harm.

Airlines and employee representative organizations are concerned about security (crew uniforms and identification, never mind valuables, have been stolen from unoccupied lodging for illegal airside access, thefts, impersonating a crew member, etc. and post 9/11 is of concern.

Some crew may be concerned about the purpose of such a question: stalking, providing information to someone else who could be a threat (domestic violence, etc.) I am aware of instances this has taken place, as well.

Many airlines prohibit releasing such information by crew as a matter of policy. It's very understandable that a crew member may feel uneasy by s passenger's inquiry about the location of cfrw lodging (or other address they may reside, permanently or temporarily.

It doesn't matter if one saw Flybynight Airlines' crews checking in at the XYZ DoubleFleabag hotel or not, or whether you saw the crew van there, etc.

As the thread has been dredged up from the grave, regardless of the pending Halloween, this thread will be closed.

Thanks,

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.