Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cardinals and Steelers Planes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2009, 8:56 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by cwe84
I think that US still supports the Steelers but not to the extent of the Eagles or Cardinals.
US always loves the loser more .
Old Jan 19, 2009, 9:02 pm

As far as I know, Northwest is actually chartering the playoffs. I've seen a NW 747-200 and 757 parked at PHX over the last few weeks. The Eagles flew out on NW 9968, an A330.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 10:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
AS an amatuer spotter - where can I see the NW 747? Parked over on the apron by the royal plane?
Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:44 am

The charters are usually parked on the north side of Sky Harbor Blvd on the west end, near the executive terminal. There isn't one there right now; I don't know when the charter for taking them to Tampa will arrive, or what metal it will be.

The Qatar 747SP is still parked on the south side.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 1:57 pm

Programs: United 2P, HHonors Gold, SPG Platinum, Priority Club Gold
I happen to know that the Steelers do use US Airways as their charter. One of my friends works for US Airways and travels with the team on gamedays.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by alanh
As far as I know, Northwest is actually chartering the playoffs. I've seen a NW 747-200 and 757 parked at PHX over the last few weeks. The Eagles flew out on NW 9968, an A330.
Ravens took DL to PIT this past weekend.....a 767 IIRC.

NW and DL do most of the NFL charters IIRC, as they have the best wide-body inventory.

When the Saints played in London this past year, they took a NW 747...
Old Jan 21, 2009, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by USPhilly
Since this is the case, does US fly any of the teams for which they are the official airline?
I don't know exactly how their contracts work, but the Cardinals had an airport rally before heading to their playoff game in Carolina, they then boarder a NW aircraft for the flight east.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: Aegean (Gold) American (EP)
Originally Posted by CPRich
The did put the Steelers' colors on a plane in late '07. I assume it's still around. I've never seen it here in PIT as it was a real, non-RJ aircraft.
I actually had it in November on the PIT-LAX morning non-stop flight. Was pretty cool to watch it pull into the gate from the club.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 8:46 am

NW 9962 will be taking off shortly, which is the charter flight for the Cardinals to Tampa. It's an A333.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:51 am

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
NW 9962 will be taking off shortly, which is the charter flight for the Cardinals to Tampa. It's an A333.
I just saw footage of the Steelers boarding a US flight on ESPN's First Take. Not sure if it was file footage or not but Ben Roethlisberger was video taping getting on the plane so I would imagine it wasn't just for any normal game.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by PHL
Side note: Being the official airline of a team is strictly a marketing concept. This doesn't mean the airline is also the contracted charter operator to transport the team.
Yeah. As mentioned, NW flew the cards in on a 330 today. Word is the Steelers came down on a US 757.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
How do you find those charter schedules before they occur???
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
Was it A333 that just came out out the paint shop in DL colors?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Nicksta
How do you find those charter schedules before they occur???
I don't know about before, but both planes were in the media yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.