Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking a US Airways trip found using ITA?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Booking a US Airways trip found using ITA?

Let me start this out by saying that I usually use ITA to try to find the best routing for the price when I fly United. Then, I can usually (99% of the time) do a multi-city booking using united.com and find the exact same price (or less) and routing that I've found using ITA. This avoids booking fees.

So, I am trying to do the same thing using an itinerary consisting of all US Airways flights, and I'm having trouble booking it!

This is the itinerary I am trying to book:
Code:
29 Jan, US0959, BOS-CLT 
<connecting to>
30 Jan, US1773 CLT-SJO

02 Feb, US1774 SJO-CLT
<connecting to>
03 Feb US1800 CLT-BOS

Fare, BOS-SJO: EA28NK $149
Fare, SJO-BOS: EA28NK $149

Total (with taxes and fees): $383.54
When I try the multi-city booking on usairways.com, it books everything as individual segments rather than connections, thus it books into a higher V fare, with a total of $1550!

I've tried orbitz.com and it gives the same thing.

The closest I've found is priceline.com, I'm getting the $383.54 price with the overnight connections, but not with the exact same flight numbers listed above from ITA.

Any advice would be appreciated? I suspect that I could just try to do this the old-fashioned way and visit a Travel Agent, but I want to try to avoid booking fees.

Last edited by warreng24; Sep 8, 2008 at 10:50 pm
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:57 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Let's see if the readers of our US forum can help here. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 12:25 am

Programs: None
Possibly ITA hasn't caught up with the schedule changes - the US schedule doesn't show either of the CLT-SJU-CLT flights you've listed.

Jim
Old Sep 9, 2008, 4:55 am

I've booked some pretty wild US itins on Expedia... (Not possible on the US site either)

Have you tried there?
Old Sep 9, 2008, 5:08 am
Company Representative - ITA Software

I was able to reproduce the exact itinerary on Orbitz by doing a multi-city search, then choosing the specific flights one at a time (the CLT-SJO-CLT ones first) using the "Choose flight X" option to the right of the flights in the solution display.

Total price (including Orbitz booking fee) was $388.01.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 6:18 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
I'll second the piece-mealing on US's website doesn't work. Try priceline and/or Orbitz.

JP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.