Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's predict what will be next, No miles for discounted tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2008, 12:26 am

Programs: US-CP
What's next...

Installation of coin slot mechanisms on the lavatories would not surprise me in the least.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
That's a good one, except

Originally Posted by Karen_123987
Installation of coin slot mechanisms on the lavatories would not surprise me in the least.
Nice idea, but we can count on USAir not doing it first. They follow not lead, but once another carrier does it look out.

Here is another one they may do. If you are upgraded to 1st class no 1st class bonus miles.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 9:31 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by swanscn
Here is another one they may do. If you are upgraded to 1st class no 1st class bonus miles.
Isn't that already the case? One gets miles for the cabin in which one is ticketed, not the one that one sits, except in unusual circumstances.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 9:43 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by jagadheep
Yes, but you can count on this management to conveniently ignore such things. Also in response to LAX's comment, US already has driven off many business travelers and elites. So, there is a greater chance for such a policy (reduced mileage for discounted fares) to stick since there will be fewer elites who will leave US if such a policy is unveiled. Moreover, this management clearly doesn't care about elites/business travelers.....
Well, if management doesn't care for business travelers, shame on them because that's where the big profits are. Assuming this is true, it's actually more important for US to hold on to its existing elites by not alienating them further through additional devaluation of the DM program. Unless, US is only going after those once a year vacation travelers because they are the only ones that don't really care about elite status. For those that fly often enough to pay attention to elite status, reduced mileage for discounted fares just won't fly given the choices of carriers they have. Just my 2 cents.

LAX
Old Mar 2, 2008, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
I think that is a very good guess.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Gold.
Originally Posted by LAX
Except that after this "clean up," DM has become so undesirable to FFers that no one wants to horde DM miles. Hence, what good does it provide the potential buyer?

LAX

They have showen they rather have a large number of people with little miles than a smaller number with a stock pile of miles. The kettles do not fly as
much, so those miles will expire. As a buyer I would look at those numbers closely.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Karen_123987
Would that make me even more incensed when there's no toilet paper?

Or would it be BYO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.