Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Qualifying Miles for Select Members

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2006, 7:43 am

Programs: US Silver
Originally Posted by phlflyer927
I booked a trip and a few days later got the promotion, said "Oh Well" as canceling the tix and rebooking would have cost far too much ($168 tix).

Yet I just had the bonus PQMs post the other night. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.
I could sort of understand it if I had booked a trip but not yet taken it, but I didn't register until a few days after the entire trip had been completed. I'm wondering if they've totally lost the date that people registered.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Jenniferpa
Honestly, they really have problems with this promotion. I've just checked my statement and see that I aslo have had PQM miles added (PHL-PIT). What is wrong with this picture? Well I didn't register until AFTER I got back from this trip. I'm not going to rock the boat on this, but since when has such a thing been retroactive?
I can't see much to complain about in this promotion. Awarding preferred miles 1) retroactively, 2) for flights in both directions, and 3) to those who were not targeted but signed up anyway (thanks to FlyerTalk) is generous.

Despite the vagaries in the program, there are many happy DM members and a few more preferred members for 2007. Should make upgrades even scarcer, but that's another thread.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 9:24 am

Programs: US Silver
I'm not saying it's not generous - I just wish I felt that it was intentional.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 7:15 pm

Programs: US GP
I also signed up but was not targeted, and recieved my miles.
This was a nice surprise.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:29 pm

Programs: CO-P, HH-DIAMOND, *WOOD-PLAT
This promotion is a roller coaster...

I was not targeted, but registered anyway knowing that I will have 3-6 phx-yyz round-trips... would certainly eliminate the need for an eoy mr/ftd run.

first it sounds like only targeted are going to get them...

then others get them...

then others get them taken away...

then other get them put back but better than ever...

the first of my phx-yyz's was today, so i'll keep ft up to date on whether i score the pqm bonus.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 8:20 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Uber Titanium; From US CP to dirt (Its been a while)
I think this promo is going to keep me from having to buy flowers. Too bad for the GF
Old Nov 24, 2006, 8:12 am

I've had an oddity in getting the double PQM credit.

I a round trip from PHL to TPA which qualifies for the PQM bonus. The flight out was PHL-TPA, but the flight back was TPA-DCA-PHL. I got credit for the PHL-TPA 920 bonus PQM and the DCA-PHL seqment for 500 bonus PQM, but was not credited the 814 PQM bonus for the TPA-DCA seqment.

Should I call in about this, or just wait and see if it posts. I took this flight about 1.5 weeks ago.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Qantas, Delta, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I've had an oddity in getting the double PQM credit.

I a round trip from PHL to TPA which qualifies for the PQM bonus. The flight out was PHL-TPA, but the flight back was TPA-DCA-PHL. I got credit for the PHL-TPA 920 bonus PQM and the DCA-PHL seqment for 500 bonus PQM, but was not credited the 814 PQM bonus for the TPA-DCA seqment.

Should I call in about this, or just wait and see if it posts. I took this flight about 1.5 weeks ago.
I don't think the TPA-DCA segment qualifies, as it isn't listed as a city pair in the promotion's terms.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by hoobly
I don't think the TPA-DCA segment qualifies, as it isn't listed as a city pair in the promotion's terms.
I thought it was the endpoints that mattered, so as long as they were connecting flights you'd get credit for the whole trip. Is that not the case?
Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
I thought it was the endpoints that mattered, so as long as they were connecting flights you'd get credit for the whole trip. Is that not the case?
Nope. I spoke with the CP desk and they checked with the DMSC. Only double miles between the city pairs. Technically speaking the promo says O&D, but I guess the US computer system can't handle that....
Old Nov 26, 2006, 9:43 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Agreed... I'm running for extra segments so RDU-PHL via CLT is the name of the game. No double miles, but I think I come out ahead or even anyway, plus extra segments.

Now, If I find the (*&@R#(*@ who turned the Krispy Kreme into a freaking Cinnabon, there will be a problem!
Old Nov 27, 2006, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by dukeman
Nope. I spoke with the CP desk and they checked with the DMSC. Only double miles between the city pairs. Technically speaking the promo says O&D, but I guess the US computer system can't handle that....
So not to be dense but does that mean the origin and destination aren't required? I thought if I took a trip that looked like PHL-PHX-SAN-PHX-PHL I wouldn't get bonus PQMs for the PHL-PHX segment as PHX wasn't the final destination.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
So not to be dense but does that mean the origin and destination aren't required? I thought if I took a trip that looked like PHL-PHX-SAN-PHX-PHL I wouldn't get bonus PQMs for the PHL-PHX segment as PHX wasn't the final destination.
You aren't dense. I believe this promo was intended as O&D only, but I have had several trips where I received the bonus PQMs where the trip was A-B-C and A-B received the PQMs despite the trip really being from A-C with a connection in B. In your example above you should receive the PQMs for PHX-PHL segment.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 8:19 pm

do PQMs count as RDMs? because mine did
Old Dec 8, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, Marriott Gold
I just completed a PHL-PHX run on Tuesday. My miles have posted but the site says nothing about bonus Q miles yet. How long does it take? My apologies if this was already answered...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.