Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Qualifying Miles for Select Members

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by hoobly
...Now I see a bunch of "PQM DOUBLE MILES" posting to my account, which I assume is this promotion...
PHL-BOS: 500 miles, preferred
FLIGHT BONUS - CHAIRMAN: 500 miles, not preferred
PQM DOUBLE MILES: 281 miles, preferred.
Ifyou did a roundtrip, did BOS-PHL post in your account with the PQM DOUBLE MILES too?

What's interesting is that BOS-PHL is specifically listed as O/D cities for the promotion, while PHL-BOS is not (and you received PQM Double Miles, whatever they are...maybe you could call DMSC to find out?)

puchalskir had earlier suggested that either direction counts and they were too lazy to list both. If you're getting Double Miles for both directions, then it looks like s/he is right on the money.

DeacDiggler, yes I noticed CLT was not favored in this promotion too . I think I got the target email because AVL-PHL is listed. I'd like to do AVL-PHL, PHL-LGW in January, but only when I'm sure both directions count for Double Miles.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 5:16 am

Programs: UA 1k, Qantas, Delta, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kudzu
Ifyou did a roundtrip, did BOS-PHL post in your account with the PQM DOUBLE MILES too?

What's interesting is that BOS-PHL is specifically listed as O/D cities for the promotion, while PHL-BOS is not (and you received PQM Double Miles, whatever they are...maybe you could call DMSC to find out?)
It appears that both directions are getting credit.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 5:42 am

Programs: US: CP; Marriott: Plat
Has anyone seen the double miles post? I was not targeted (as far as I know), but signed up anyway. Now I see a bunch of "PQM DOUBLE MILES" posting to my account, which I assume is this promotion. If so, here are a couple interesting facts:

1. For segments under 500 miles, the "double miles" is posting as actual miles. For example, a PHL-BOS segment has three line items:

The total is 1281 miles, of which 781 are EQM. Naturally, I would prefer 500 bonus EQM rather than 281, but who am I to complain about free miles?

2. Speaking of free miles, I've been given this PQM bonus for flights as far back as 10/21. Odd, since the promotion started 10/26.
I saw the same post last night in my account. 267 bonus for actual flight miles PIT-PHL on flights as far back as 10/20.

PHL-PIT was listed in the email while PIT-PHL was not. I am receiving double miles for both segments with a PIT origination. Also, I never received the email as a 'targeted' customer.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 9:43 am

Has anyone seen the double miles post? I was not targeted (as far as I know), but signed up anyway. Now I see a bunch of "PQM DOUBLE MILES" posting to my account, which I assume is this promotion. If so, here are a couple interesting facts:

1. For segments under 500 miles, the "double miles" is posting as actual miles. For example, a PHL-BOS segment has three line items:

The total is 1281 miles, of which 781 are EQM. Naturally, I would prefer 500 bonus EQM rather than 281, but who am I to complain about free miles?

2. Speaking of free miles, I've been given this PQM bonus for flights as far back as 10/21. Odd, since the promotion started 10/26.
Mine posted today for flights from this past weekend, and like yours they are actual miles if less than 500.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
PQM Miles posted, no email

For what it's worth... signed up despite no email. So far PQM miles posted for PIT-LAS, LAS-PIT, PIT-PHL (actual), PHL-SEA. Anxious to see if the return, SEA-CLT-PIT also shows dbl miles.

I'll only need 7.5K to reach CP. Any suggestions for a mileage run about 2K from PIT that has proven to award double miles? Maybe another Las Vegas trip... could win enough gambling to pay for the MR.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 7:28 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by DeacDiggler
Anyone else notice that NO CLT O/D's are included here? Philly, Phoenix, and Vegas all got some...must be based on Southwest's participation. That might explain why I didn't get invited - all my flights o/d in CLT, so why waste my time?

My family is CLT based and received the promo but we do O/D from multiple cities. That is 2 CP's and 2 Golds but we fly United now so it doesn't matter.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium
Flights BOS->DCA

BOS->DCA was one of the city pairs on the promotion (which I was targetted for, and signed up for) -- however, my latest flight on Monday has shown up no bonus. The promotion mentioned that the promotion *fares* on the BOS->DCA route were only available on Saturday -- does this mean that the promotion *miles* are as well? I actually flew on a much more expensive ticket, so you would think I'd get the bonus.

[edit: how long did it take for the bonus miles for other people to appear?]
Old Nov 5, 2006, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1k, Qantas, Delta, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
[edit: how long did it take for the bonus miles for other people to appear?]
The miles posted after the normal miles. I had several flights over several days post all at once. Maybe the promotional miles are posting once a week, or something.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:59 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
So did we come to any conclusions on if connection flights count?

we know BOS-PHL counts,
but does BOS-PHL-SFO count for double on the valid segments
BOS-PHL 2x credit
PHL-SFO std credit

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:27 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Alphaguy
So did we come to any conclusions on if connection flights count?
Thanks
I was targeted for the promotion, signed up, and then flew:

ALB-PHL-PBI-PHL-LGA

I received "PQM Double Miles" for ALB-PHL (212 miles) and PHL-LGA (96 miles) in addition to all standard miles.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:52 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by shell nyc

ALB-PHL-PBI-PHL-LGA

I received "PQM Double Miles" for ALB-PHL (212 miles) and PHL-LGA (96 miles) in addition to all standard miles.
That confirms it for me ^

And now to make some routing decisions for my SO to hit Gold without the FTD flower run...
Old Nov 6, 2006, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by shell nyc

ALB-PHL-PBI-PHL-LGA

And I was targetted, registered, and flew a similar itin and have yet to receive the bonus miles....
Old Nov 8, 2006, 8:24 am

Programs: US GP; MR PL
thanks...

just wanted to say thanks to 'boazs' and everyone for the heads-up on this deal. i was able to change a DFW-DCA flt to have a stopover in PHL and earned 1300 Pref. points for a $34 change...
Old Nov 8, 2006, 9:36 am

It is valid both ways even though only the one direction is listed.

Double Miles Markets
The following markets qualify for the Preferred Qualifying Double Miles promotion. Markets listed are valid in either direction
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by robertlew
Double Miles Markets
The following markets qualify for the Preferred Qualifying Double Miles promotion. Markets listed are valid in either direction
Thanks for the heads-up! They've added the last sentence, so it's now "official" that both ways count ^

If rollover had remained, I would be tempted to fly PHL-LGW in Dec to do some Christmas shopping there. As it is, I'm looking for a quick Jan trip to get a head start on 2007 EQMs. Now, if only there were some decent upgradeable off-season fares to London...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.