Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Celebrity sightings on US Airways Flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2007, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
None other that Doug Parker himself in the security line about 5 people behind me at DCA (3 weeks ago). A US employee went up to him and offered to move him to the front but he refused. I thought that was respectful of the other passengers. Maybe he'll put the priority line back in DCA.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I did not even know about this thread! If I did, I would have posted before. I have seen and sat next to many, some of which I might not even be able to remember. From the last two years or so, all on US or US Shuttle flights, here goes....

In fall 2005, I was in F from CLT to FLL in 2D and all the FA's and several pax's kept leaning over me to tell the woman next to me how much they loved her, how great she was, congrats, and all that. After about an hour, I turned to ask her "Forgive me for being rude and unaware, but would you mind telling me who you are, since all of these people keep leaning over me to wish you well?" She said "I'm Fantasia Barrino." She had a mouthful of metal hardware (braces) and I still did not know who she was, so I said "excuse me for being a real dummy, but?" She cut me off and said "I'm Fantasia, I won American Idol 2004, and I have a few hit records." She was very nice, but very soft spoken, and we talked for the rest of the flight. I told her that my office manager was a major fan of the show (she was), and would flip out (she did). We were talking about business and Real Estate, since that is my business, and Fantasia told me she was illiterate, and that she was being taken advantage of by some of her advisors. Soon after she announced that she was illiterate on national television, and she had fired her managers (Simon Cowell's company), which I suggested that she do. She hired them back later on.

DCA-CLT Then US House of Representatives member, soon to be CIA Director, now ex Director, Porter Goss (R-Cape Coral,FL). I did not speak with Mr. Goss.

FLL-DCA US House of Representatives member Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-Weston,FL), twice, once I was in 2C, once I was in 2D, both times she was in 1D. I did not speak with her on the plane, but I have met and spoken with her twice on other occasions.

LGA-DCA Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas with his wife (July 2006), they were sitting in 2D/2F, with plain clothes Supreme Court police sitting behind them. I was in 2C, and just nodded to him.

LGA-DCA Then US House of Representatives member and recently defeated Tennessee US Senate Candidate Harold Ford, Jr. (D-Memphis,TN) (the Sunday immediately following November 2006 national elections), I was in 2D, he was in 2F, he was hand writing thank you cards to contributors. A very nice, personable guy, we talked politics the entire flight.

FLL-DCA Involuntarily Retired US House of Representatives member E. Clay Shaw (R-Fort Lauderdale,FL) (September 2007) I was in 2D, he was in 3F, we nodded, I know his son, who is in my business.

I will post others when I think of them.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 9:33 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Cameron Mathison on US 1202 from CLT-LGA on Saturday, March 8, 2007, seat 2A (I was in 1A.) And is he ever hot in person! I did speak to him and told him I knew who he was, but did not want to cause a commotion! He thanked me! ^

For those who do not know who he is, he plays Ryan Lavery on "All My Children" and was recently on "Dancing With the Stars." He also hosts a show on SoapNet, among other achievements.

And while I will not post a trip report, this was my first day flying US in three months and it was horrible all the way around except for this sighting!
Old Mar 14, 2008, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
PHL - Hertz bus - US Gate

I /think/ I've seen Daniel Dennett on the Hertz bus being dropped at US part of the terminal today in PHL.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 7:32 pm

3/1 Joan Rivers got off a TPA-PHL flight - pink raincoat and sunglasses.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 8:55 pm

No-one outside the USA has a clue who these people are! Can we start a post for European celebs maybe? As an aside, I was sat alongside a very large black American boxer on a flight from LAS a while back. There was a queue of people wanting his autograph. All I was concerned about was that he was so huge I spent the entire flight with my face pressed against the window as his enormous bulk spilled over into my seat! Wish I could remember his name...
Old Mar 19, 2008, 8:49 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by warbo
No-one outside the USA has a clue who these people are! Can we start a post for European celebs maybe?
Don't know who Daniel Dennett is?
Old Mar 19, 2008, 10:20 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by warbo
No-one outside the USA has a clue who these people are! Can we start a post for European celebs maybe?
While an actor and host on American TV, Cameron Mathison is Canadian!
Old May 11, 2008, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
New to FT here

Last Month at SNA (Orange County, CA), saw Tony Gonzalez from the Kansas City Chiefs. I definitely don't want to mess with this guy. He was waiting for his flight to Las Vegas on US Airways. I only saw him because I was forced to use the bathroom on the other side of the airport due to plumbing problems at the one nearest my gate.
Old May 12, 2008, 3:59 pm

Programs: American Plat Pro, Hertz President's Club, Starwood Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Matt Lauer

On President's Day (Feb 18th), Matt Lauer was hanging out in the LGA shuttle boarding area waiting for a flight. I guess the Today show was off the air that day due to the holiday. The occasional person spotted him and had their picture taken with him, but otherwise he was just another business traveler waiting for his flight.
Old May 14, 2008, 5:27 am

5/12. Bloodhound Gang lead singer, Jimmy Pop, in Envoy
Munich - to Philly. A few other band members in the back.
Old May 14, 2008, 6:16 am

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
Saw Matt Damon Last week
Old May 14, 2008, 7:46 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by stinkycop
Saw Matt Damon Last week
I'm ....ing Matt Damon.
Old May 14, 2008, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by photog72
I'm ....ing Matt Damon.
Yes, but I'm ....ing Ben Affleck.
Old May 15, 2008, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
I did not even know about this thread! If I did, I would have posted before. I have seen and sat next to many, some of which I might not even be able to remember. From the last two years or so, all on US or US Shuttle flights, here goes....

In fall 2005, I was in F from CLT to FLL in 2D and all the FA's and several pax's kept leaning over me to tell the woman next to me how much they loved her, how great she was, congrats, and all that. After about an hour, I turned to ask her "Forgive me for being rude and unaware, but would you mind telling me who you are, since all of these people keep leaning over me to wish you well?" She said "I'm Fantasia Barrino." She had a mouthful of metal hardware (braces) and I still did not know who she was, so I said "excuse me for being a real dummy, but?" She cut me off and said "I'm Fantasia, I won American Idol 2004, and I have a few hit records." She was very nice, but very soft spoken, and we talked for the rest of the flight. I told her that my office manager was a major fan of the show (she was), and would flip out (she did). We were talking about business and Real Estate, since that is my business, and Fantasia told me she was illiterate, and that she was being taken advantage of by some of her advisors. Soon after she announced that she was illiterate on national television, and she had fired her managers (Simon Cowell's company), which I suggested that she do. She hired them back later on.

DCA-CLT Then US House of Representatives member, soon to be CIA Director, now ex Director, Porter Goss (R-Cape Coral,FL). I did not speak with Mr. Goss.

FLL-DCA US House of Representatives member Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-Weston,FL), twice, once I was in 2C, once I was in 2D, both times she was in 1D. I did not speak with her on the plane, but I have met and spoken with her twice on other occasions.

LGA-DCA Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas with his wife (July 2006), they were sitting in 2D/2F, with plain clothes Supreme Court police sitting behind them. I was in 2C, and just nodded to him.

LGA-DCA Then US House of Representatives member and recently defeated Tennessee US Senate Candidate Harold Ford, Jr. (D-Memphis,TN) (the Sunday immediately following November 2006 national elections), I was in 2D, he was in 2F, he was hand writing thank you cards to contributors. A very nice, personable guy, we talked politics the entire flight.

FLL-DCA Involuntarily Retired US House of Representatives member E. Clay Shaw (R-Fort Lauderdale,FL) (September 2007) I was in 2D, he was in 3F, we nodded, I know his son, who is in my business.

I will post others when I think of them.
I have never heard of any of these people. However, on a flight back to MAN from LAS, I was unfortunate enough to be squashed against the window by a huge, muscled black man. Apparently he'd been in a big fight in LAS. I was bumped and bashed the whole night while people queued for his autograph. I was so annoyed I couldn't bear to ask who he was. He was very rude when I asked him to move over a bit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.