Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CP Benefit Alignment ? (drinks/meal when not upgraded)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EP, DL PL, SPG & IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*, EC EE
Is the selection the usual FC snack basket and one drink? Or is there a menu?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by micahdaniel
Is the selection the usual FC snack basket and one drink? Or is there a menu?
The snack is your choice of the a la carte snacks being sold on the flight (pringles, pita chips/hummus, M&Ms, etc.) If the flight is too short to sell Marketplace snacks, then they aren't likely to be available for CP/EXP, either. The drink is one standard alcoholic beverage (beer, 187ml wine, liquor mini).
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:56 pm

CP Benefit Alignment ? (drinks/meal when not upgraded)

On those real short flights Y is only catered with OJ and Water, they strip the galley of everything else so no snacks or liquor available. Sorry
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:22 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Based upon the F snack basket lately, I would take a pack of M&Ms or Pringles over the F snack basket anyday!
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat + SPG Plat
Exclamation

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Based upon the F snack basket lately, I would take a pack of M&Ms or Pringles over the F snack basket anyday!
Yeah...the "First Class" basket looks a lot like that old lady in the neighborhood's Halloween basket which as a kid you would be disappointed by each trick-or-treat season. Year after year, you knew what she had in that goodie basket never changed, but you would still ring the doorbell secretly hoping she'd sold the place to some 'well-to-do' candy magnate...but alas, no dice. Nasty fruit bars, stale biscotti, and $.10 bags of plain potato chips you didn't need since you had ready access to those in your lunchbox every day (courtesy of mom, of course).
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by coastalguy
Yeah...the "First Class" basket looks a lot like that old lady in the neighborhood's Halloween basket which as a kid you would be disappointed by each trick-or-treat season. Year after year, you knew what she had in that goodie basket never changed, but you would still ring the doorbell secretly hoping she'd sold the place to some 'well-to-do' candy magnate...but alas, no dice. Nasty fruit bars, stale biscotti, and $.10 bags of plain potato chips you didn't need since you had ready access to those in your lunchbox every day (courtesy of mom, of course).
HAHAHA! I agree on this. I do like the pretzels and nut mix. But that's about as accessible as the potato chips!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
You and me both.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by coastalguy
This was the laugh I needed today. Thank you
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by DynaMo13
They usually have a roster of CP/ExPlats sitting in economy just for this reason. If they are not up on this process, you can also flash your boarding pass which should have your status on it.
This is the part that is a little unseemly for me... I did this yesterday in Y and the FA sort of snapped saying "what am I looking at" and I pointed at it, then finally said "I thought this was free for Chairmans?" which prompted everyone around to stare. I hate saying that.

I know there are some people out there who like to have frequent flyer bag tags and all but I'd prefer it to be much more discrete if there's a way to make that happen.

When I've flown AA they've discretely said my name and asked if there's anything they can get for me to make clear they know that it's a complimentary snack. Shouting "I'm a Chairman's!" across a row is not a good long-term solution.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by chris4096
When I've flown AA they've discretely said my name and asked if there's anything they can get for me to make clear they know that it's a complimentary snack. Shouting "I'm a Chairman's!" across a row is not a good long-term solution.
Even on the AA side I've had a mixed bag. Sometimes, as you've described, the FA will ask me by name to infer that they know my order will be free. Other times I've had to say "I thought this was covered for EXP/CP" at which point they comply. I've never needed to show proof with my card or BP.

Once an AA FA, after I paused when she started asking for payment, said something like "Oh, I knew we had one of you back here. Here you go." Which leads me to believe (except for very elite heavy routes) that it's actually quite uncommon for EXP to be in the back of the bus on AA, just as it is for CP on US. The "reciprocal" upgrades have introduced more and more situations where EXP/CP end up in Y, so FA's are probably caught a little off gaurd by it. I think it'll all smooth out in time.

There is some additional recent discussion on this topic over on the Reciprocal Benefits thread in the combined forum, starting around post #1496. One other detail that is confirmed is that this benefit also extends (pending FA awareness) to single cabins RJs.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: US CP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sjpmurph01
I've never needed to show proof with my card or BP.
I was asked to show my BP last night flying back from Denver.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: US Airways Platinum Preferred; Delta Silver Medallion
Free drink and snack for US Plat

Flying LAS-CLT this morning. I'm US Plat and was offered free drink and snack. First time it's been offered to me and pleasantly surprised because I thought it was just for Chairman's.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Cinq5
Flying LAS-CLT this morning. I'm US Plat and was offered free drink and snack. First time it's been offered to me and pleasantly surprised because I thought it was just for Chairman's.
It was a mistake
Obviously the f/a mistook Plat for ExecPlat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.