FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   CP Benefit Alignment ? (drinks/meal when not upgraded) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1615395-cp-benefit-alignment-drinks-meal-when-not-upgraded.html)

CNMAZ Sep 24, 2014 11:11 am

CP Benefit Alignment ? (drinks/meal when not upgraded)

I took my first AA flight a few weeks ago in coach. As a CP in coach, I received 1 food item and a drink of choice on the flight. I have read that other CP's have also received this service. I have a flight next week from PHX-PHL on US Airways where first is sold out. With the recent alignment of first class meal service that became effective September 1st, I was wondering if US Airways also aligned their services with AA when a CP is sitting in coach?

gruss Sep 24, 2014 11:14 am

Originally Posted by CNMAZ (Post 23575037)
I took my first AA flight a few weeks ago in coach. As a CP in coach, I received 1 food item and a drink of choice on the flight. I have read that other CP's have also received this service. I have a flight next week from PHX-PHL on US Airways where first is sold out. With the recent alignment of first class meal service that became effective September 1st, I was wondering if US Airways also aligned their services with AA when a CP is sitting in coach?

Not that I've noticed. I was in the back on a 757 on Monday after moving up to an earlier flight and got no indication that was happening.

denCSA Sep 24, 2014 4:03 pm

US/AA made the business decision earlier this year to keep the benefit for EXP/CPs in coach. The issue with US is identifying AA EXPs correctly on the US inflight report printout that FAs get when the a/c door is closed. US is working on changing that as we speak, from I've heard.

steves Sep 24, 2014 5:58 pm

I just flew 2 AA flights with Mrs. Steves this weekend. We are both Chairman and were not offered anything. Do I need to ask?

CNMAZ Sep 24, 2014 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by steves (Post 23577046)
I just flew 2 AA flights with Mrs. Steves this weekend. We are both Chairman and were not offered anything. Do I need to ask?

We needed to ask but it was no problem receiving the service from the crew.

AlphaTango Sep 24, 2014 10:51 pm

IME, you aren't actively offered, but if you ask for a drink or snack, the FA can see who is EXP/CP on the handheld device. If you appear as a green square rather than a blue square, then you're good to go.
(And sometimes a free refill if you walk down to the back and are super nice to the poor sod sitting next to the engines in those crappy MD-80s)

Granitebox Sep 25, 2014 11:41 am

I have received excellent service and the benefits on all AA flights. I did have to ask but the FA simply said, "I knew someone was back here but i forgot what actual seat it was" and then proceeded to take great care of me.

nautikal Sep 25, 2014 8:35 pm

The info is available on the handheld computer the FAs carry to charge purchases. They can look up your name and status by seat number. Last week on DCA-LAX both FAs doing drinks/food acknowledged my CP status when I asked for food and drink, and they also knew my name. ^

WiscAZ Sep 25, 2014 9:56 pm

I've flown two AA flights. First time I was offered it and the second time I had to ask.

grahampros Sep 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Yes sometimes you need to ask sometimes not. Just depends on how closely your FA has read the manifest before hand. But when you do ask you shouldn't have any problems. I've never really faulted them given they have so many pax in Y. Never had an issue when i've have politely pointed out I'm an EXP. But that's mostly been on RJs. Just don't cop an attitude about it and you should be fine. They don't question it since other folks don't tend to even know about it.

grahampros Sep 25, 2014 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by nautikal (Post 23583069)
The info is available on the handheld computer the FAs carry to charge purchases. They can look up your name and status by seat number. Last week on DCA-LAX both FAs doing drinks/food acknowledged my CP status when I asked for food and drink, and they also knew my name. ^

The OP's question was about flights on US metal, not AA. US does not yet have those tablets. The question was if your a CP and stuck in the back on US do you get the same benefit. Simple answer is probably not yet in most cases. US crews won't know about the policy on AA. On AA they do even they don't know the specific passengers. That will change over time.

CNMAZ Sep 29, 2014 10:49 am

This information posted on the AA/US Reciprocal Elite Benefit thread:

"Chairman Snack Benefit

So on my flight this weekend I was in first and the FA started talking to me about AA and the elite benefits. I commented that I liked the hot nuts being added to the beginning to service, which led to all types of benefits conversation. The NEWS portion of this post is that she said beginning Oct 1 Chairman will received the same free drink and snack benefit Exec Platinums get today. She said she got a FA update a couple weeks ago that its rolling out to both sides for both top tiers. One more benefit sync done hopefully."

I'm on a flight on 10/01/14 sitting in coach, so I'll bring this up with the crew and see what happens.

heyeaglefn Sep 29, 2014 10:57 am

I thought that benefit has already been happening, you just had to ask for it?

WiscAZ Sep 29, 2014 11:21 am

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn (Post 23598871)
I thought that benefit has already been happening, you just had to ask for it?

It was for US CPs flying on AA metal but not for US CPs flying on US metal. It sounds like when we fly in coach on US planes the benefit will also be available as of 10/1.

heyeaglefn Sep 29, 2014 11:38 am

Originally Posted by WiscAZ (Post 23598988)
It was for US CPs flying on AA metal but not for US CPs flying on US metal. It sounds like when we fly in coach on US planes the benefit will also be available as of 10/1.

Oh ok, that is good news then.