Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways inflight mag: photoshop fail

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: *wood Marriott P-life, *alliance UA MM, AA MM
US Airways inflight mag: photoshop fail

anyone flying the USAir side of the house this month, take a look at the back cover of the inflight magazine:

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/pace...gust2014/#/236

this naval maneuver will get a captain fired in 30 more seconds. Oops by the shipyard taking out the ad ... unless they mean to show how they'll get business by rebuilding crashed ships.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled PLEASE READ ME BEFORE POSTING! Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum!. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: QF LTG
They have a contract to build ships for the US Govt, I'm unsure what this ad is even meant to achieve?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
They have a contract to build ships for the US Govt, I'm unsure what this ad is even meant to achieve?
To assist lobbying efforts?

Looks like the designer probably had to resist the urge to add a flock of balls eagles, fireworks, scantily-dressed babes with .50 cal machine guns and sniper rifles, and Motley Crue playing on the carrier's deck.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Advertising that shows an unrealistic real-world situation?

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you!

Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Haha yeah I saw this the other day on my flight from CLT-CUN. That sub was about to have a bad day...

Go Gators

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.