Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PSA livery just landed at PHX (US a/c livery discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:56 am
Formerly known as EWR-ProMedEd

Programs: US-Silver; PetOwner TripleDiamond
Eagles livery at PHL C20 this morning:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...52407827_n.jpg
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:13 pm

It seems as though I remember an America West, Ohio theme 757, I flew on out of Columbus, Ohio .
Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
One will be done in the colours of TWA, which I will certainly want to see, and apparently one US Airways aircraft will stay US after all others have been converted to AA.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Oneonta
It seems as though I remember an America West, Ohio theme 757, I flew on out of Columbus, Ohio .
HP had a B757 state flag livery for each of the hubs in PHX, LAS, and CMH. This one has the Ohio flag.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
One will be done in the colours of TWA, which I will certainly want to see, and apparently one US Airways aircraft will stay US after all others have been converted to AA.
I assume this means that AA/US will retain the US heritage birds (i.e., PSA, Allegheny and Piedmont)?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I assume this means that AA/US will retain the US heritage birds (i.e., PSA, Allegheny and Piedmont)?
Well this is in this month's magazine, where it specifically mentioned a surviving US heritage aircraft being kept on - which only makes sense if the rest of the fleet is in AA's colours with some heritage aircraft retained.

Originally Posted by Mr. Doug Parker, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, American Airlines
As we move forward, we will remember to embrace our past. We plan to paint some "heritage" aircraft - modern planes painted with logos from the past, from airlines that formed today's American. Already we are flying jets with paint schemes from PSA, Piedmont, America West, and Allegheny, and in future we plan to introduce TWA, Reno Air, and Air Cal aircraft and keep one plane in the US Airways livery. We have team members who began their careers at each of these carriers working for American today. They are proud of their heritage, and we are proud to have them on the American Airlines team".

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Aug 25, 2014 at 6:50 pm Reason: Precise quote found
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Don't forget AirCal and RenoAir

Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: WFBF
Spotted on reddit:

http://i.imgur.com/buHjl7e.jpg

N838AW now has AA new-livery fuselage with America West heritage tail and wingtip fences.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ubernostrum
Spotted on reddit:

http://i.imgur.com/buHjl7e.jpg

N838AW now has AA new-livery fuselage with America West heritage tail and wingtip fences.
Not a fan of the bird with the AA titles on the front. Too bad they couldn't have kept AW in big letters and then put "Operated by USdbaAA" in the corner, like the RJs all do..
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
at which point they can only fly that US type.
A question for Boeing Boy: pilots cannot be certified on more than one aircraft? Is this a contractural or union thing? Didn't Boeing make a big thing years ago that the 767s and 777s had a common glass cockpit, maiking it earlier for pilots to fly either? Or, is my memory getting bad? Do pilots have just one type they can fly? Thanks!

Appended: I just learned in another thread that Boeing Boy has been injured in a vehicle accident and may be in the hospital for a while. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Jim.

Last edited by relangford; Sep 2, 2014 at 11:27 pm Reason: Added info
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by ubernostrum

Technically, it's the same AW heritage fuselage with just the updated "American" lettering and logo (which basically replaced the "US Airways" lettering and logo).
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways

From: http://twitter.com/AirlineUSA/status/514892917274869760
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by sbbutler93
what an ugly gal..LOL.. i think this heritage livery thing is way over hyped. Doesn't add anything to the brand. It confuses things more then helps. You are now all AA like it or not as employees.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:12 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by sbbutler93
I think that PSA/AA livery is sharp as hell.

I saw the America West/AA livery earlier this week (sorry, no pic) and I thought it looked a little goofy.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by grahampros
Doesn't add anything to the brand.
It's supposed to invoke feelings of nostalgia, and reminds people of the longevity and quality pedigree of the company.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.