Wiki Posts
Search

US @ LAX to move from T1 to T3

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:44 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by la2clt
That would be awesome. I was never a fan of T1, but T3 makes T1 look like the FCT in FRA. I could almost hear the TWA announcements it's so old. And I think I saw a white courtesy phone.
The curb side announcements at T3 still play this:

Vernon: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Betty: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

[Later]

Vernon: The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone.

Betty: No, the white zone is for loading and unloading. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Vernon: The red zone has always been for loading and unloading. There's never stopping in a white zone.

Betty: Don't tell me which zone is for stopping and which zone is for loading!

Vernon: Listen, Betty, don't start up with your "white zone" .... again.

[Later]

Vernon: There's just no stopping in a white zone.

Betty: Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend? We both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.

Vernon: It's really the only sensible thing to do, if it's done safely. Therapeutically there's no danger involved
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I recently did a QF trip out of the TBIT. Got to the airport about 2 hours prior to departure. The queue at TBIT security was minimal and the food offerings at the QF lounge were quite good.

I've not gotten a chance to sample the AA Flagship lounge but, cannot complain one bit as to what QF was offering for dinner (full bar, beef stew, salads, roast pork, chicken, pastas, soups, taco bar, hot dog bar for the kids, desserts, espresso bar, etc.).
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: VX Silver
Quick questions:

I'm leaving out of the remote T4 min-terminal, 44E, on USAir Express.

Can I enter through T4? I do need to check luggage, ayone knows if there's a US Air desk in T4 or if AA would take the luggage? (I doubt it, right?)

Or do I need to go all the way to T3 first, check in luggage and then get the shuttle from there?

EDIT---

Nevermind, I just saw on USAir's website that there is a check in counter in T4

Last edited by Irwin Alvarado; Aug 27, 2014 at 11:17 pm
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:05 am

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Irwin Alvarado
Can I enter through T4? I do need to check luggage, ayone knows if there's a US Air desk in T4 or if AA would take the luggage? (I doubt it, right?)
When US Air Express moved to the Eagle remote terminal, the official check-in point moved to T4 (they put up signs saying that US Air Express goes out of T4, not T3).
Old Aug 30, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
I am arriving T3 on US mainline and connecting to US Express out of T4. Never flown out of there before. How long of a trek is it? PreCheck at T4? Trying to figure out how much time I need to leave...
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mh4ll
I am arriving T3 on US mainline and connecting to US Express out of T4. Never flown out of there before. How long of a trek is it? PreCheck at T4? Trying to figure out how much time I need to leave...
It's a short walk straight across the parking garage roof from T-3 to T-4 (five minutes), but there's also a shuttle that runs from T-3 to T-4 every 20 minutes or so that would save you another trip thru the TSA gauntlet.

I'd take the shuttle bus to T-4 where you'll catch a different shuttle bus to the remote Eagle terminal (on the East end of the airport beyond T-8).

How much time? I would not schedule a connection under 60 minutes, and 90 minutes might be preferable.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:58 pm

Ick, there's another shuttle bus that must be caught from T4?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mh4ll
Ick, there's another shuttle bus that must be caught from T4?
Unfortunately, yes. Not an ideal situation. Glad I live in LA and won't ever be making such a PITA connection.

You can avoid the first shuttle bus if you want to walk between T-3 and T-4 (5 minutes if you're normally ambulatory) but the price for that is another trip thru the security checkpoint. No avoiding the second shuttle bus (T-4 to Eagle terminal) since you can't walk to the Eagle Terminal, even if you wanted (it's about a mile away but not accessible from the streetside).

I'd give serious consideration to a different routing if at all possible, unless you really enjoy such a convoluted connection. Good luck.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 1:24 pm

Very useful information -- thanks so much I don't have other good options but I'll definitely take the 2 hour layover over the 55 minute one so I have time, and brace myself for the hassle...
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Does anyone know how late TSA Precheck is open in T3? I'm taking the late (12:25am) redeye LAX-CLT tonight and wondering what the security line situation is at that time of night - this will be my first redeye since the move from T1. Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:48 pm

Is there a direct shuttle bus from T6 to the American Eagle remote terminal? Frequency?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Yes, some (all?) buses between T4 and the AeAgles nest stop at T6.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: US Chairman's ––> AA Executive Platinum BIS 1.1MM
Originally Posted by Colin
Is there a direct shuttle bus from T6 to the American Eagle remote terminal? Frequency?
I don't think it runs very frequently... The first time I connected @ LAX (before I realized it's possible to walk between T4 & T6), I missed my connection waiting for the shuttle bus from the Eagle terminal to T6

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.