Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US @ LAX to move from T1 to T3

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looks like the MCT for AA at LAX is 35 minutes for Eagle to mainline or vice versa (30 minutes for mainline to mainline), but if the shuttle between T-3 and T-4 departs only every 20 minutes, 35 minutes would be cutting it very close.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:51 am

I'm wondering if anyone who has taken the shuttle can report if they require a T3 boarding pass to go T4-T3? I'm arriving on AA and continuing on WN and would like to check out the VX Loft on the way to T1 using Priority Pass since I'll have a few hours to kill...

I'm pretty sure the T4-T6 shuttle would check for a boarding pass for the other terminal but my memory may be failing me.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I'll be flying into T-3 in a couple of weeks and connecting on a QF flight out of TBIT I assume? What is the best way to transfer terminals?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
I'll be flying into T-3 in a couple of weeks and connecting on a QF flight out of TBIT I assume? What is the best way to transfer terminals?
The quickest way is to walk. When you exit T3 go to the right. The entrance to TBIT is about 150 feet away. You'll have to re-enter through the security checkpoint though.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
What time are you scheduled to arrive?

Note the TBIT *O lounge is currently a 'zoo' in the period before the QF flights depart (and is likely to be for the remainder of this year until the First are opens).

As a CP you'd have access to the T4 Flagship Lounge which is likely to be a nicer place if you have time to get over there.

From T4 you can either walk out landside (stay at the departures level) and resubmit to security OR take the half hourly "Qantas" bus departing from gate 45.

If walking I'd consider leaving T4 about 75 minutes before your QF flight's scheduled departure.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by serfty
What time are you scheduled to arrive?

Note the TBIT *O lounge is currently a 'zoo' in the period before the QF flights depart (and is likely to be for the remainder of this year until the First are opens).

As a CP you'd have access to the T4 Flagship Lounge which is likely to be a nicer place if you have time to get over there.

From T4 you can either walk out landside (stay at the departures level) and resubmit to security OR take the half hourly "Qantas" bus departing from gate 45.

If walking I'd consider leaving T4 about 75 minutes before your QF flight's scheduled departure.
Thanks for the info - I have not booked my PHX to LAX portion yet but I'll likely get in at either 5:37 or 6:24 (I don't like to cut it close) so that will be plenty of time. I have heard the *O lounge is a zoo as well so maybe I'll avoid that.

So what I'm looking at is this:

Option 1 - Leave security and walk to TBIT and re-enter security.

Option 2 - Leave security and walk to T-4, go to club there and take QF shuttle from gate 45.

Option 3 - Leave security and walk to T-4, go to club and walk to TBIT and renter security.

With option 2 - can I bypass having to reclear security? I read there is a shuttle from T-3 to T-4 which bypasses security. If taking the QF shuttle can I again bypass security?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

... With option 2 - can I bypass having to reclear security? I read there is a shuttle from T-3 to T-4 which bypasses security. If taking the QF shuttle can I again bypass security?
There is an airside T3/T4 shuttle departing every 20 minutes - read prior posts of this thread on that.

You can stay airside the entire time with the T3/T4 and T4-TBIT shuttles. I avoid the latter as I find it generally quicker to go landside from T4 and walk to TBIT.

Personally, I would stay airside with the shuttle to T4, utilise the Flagship Lounge and walk to TBIT later.

Last edited by serfty; Aug 4, 2014 at 4:21 pm
Old Aug 9, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: Various
The latest news is that some US flights will move to T-6 at LAX sometime this year (2014)
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Robt760
The latest news is that some US flights will move to T-6 at LAX sometime this year (2014)
What is your source?
Old Aug 9, 2014, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.

Option 2 - Leave security and walk to T-4, go to club there and take QF shuttle from gate 45.

Option 3 - Leave security and walk to T-4, go to club and walk to TBIT and renter security.

With option 2 - can I bypass having to reclear security? I read there is a shuttle from T-3 to T-4 which bypasses security. If taking the QF shuttle can I again bypass security?
I'm not sure they will let you into T-4 as you are not flying out of there. I would recommend taking the shuttlebus from T-3.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fanjet
I'm not sure they will let you into T-4 as you are not flying out of there. I would recommend taking the shuttlebus from T-3.
Posts and experiences noted on other fora is that needing to have a BP for a flight departing from the terminal being entered at LAX was changed as of May.
Originally Posted by ShikaSenbei
So some changes are apparently coming to security access that I think people on long layovers at LAX will like.

I heard from a friend that works at LAX that TSA at the airport is going to allow passengers with a valid day-of boarding pass from any terminal to go through security at any terminal starting May 1, 2014. ...

Last edited by serfty; Aug 10, 2014 at 12:18 am
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
What is your source?
I don't want to speak specifics of a source as it is from a friend who works for the company, but I have heard the same thing. AFAIK it will be sometime after the T4-T5 tunnel re-opens.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by meballard
I don't want to speak specifics of a source as it is from a friend who works for the company, but I have heard the same thing. AFAIK it will be sometime after the T4-T5 tunnel re-opens.
When is the tunnel planning on re opening?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Robt760
Some but not all of them? How confusing! Just how many of them are there?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Some but not all of them? How confusing! Just how many of them are there?
Flightstats show 19 schedule for Aug 11.

Of those showing gates, there are 31A, 31B and 30. I presume the latter is an off terminal "bus gate"?

Last edited by serfty; Aug 10, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.