Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Hurricane Sandy and impacts on US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
My PHL - FLL was on time this morning. Which was not the case for SEPTA train (45 min late). Was lucky to cross TSA in 5 minutes
Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Lots of crew going from clt to dca on 1732 this am, had to be 15 to 20
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Refund anyone?

Has anyone had any luck just getting their non-refundable ticket refunded if their flight is canceled?

The 'travel advisory' naturally doesn't mention it.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Has anyone had any luck just getting their non-refundable ticket refunded if their flight is canceled?

The 'travel advisory' naturally doesn't mention it.
A couple colleagues have without any trouble.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by phlwookie
A couple colleagues have without any trouble.
Good news. Thank you for the reply!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: US, HH
They wouldn't cancel and refund my flight outright (even though it's a quick turnaround and a trip in vain if I don't get there as planned) but the person I spoke with at the silver desk did say if it cancels they will refund.

She also said if I cancel and the flight goes, I can call back later to reschedule, within the parameters of the advisory. Thus I don't have to do it the same time that I call to cancel. Of course this is for Nov 2 which is now added to the advisory, but with the fare difference to be charged. So I'll take my chances on a canceled flight or fly if it goes. At least I'll get DPQM for it if nothing else

I'll see how it goes tomorrow at LGA and try the "hang up and call again" method if it looks like a waste of time for Friday. I do have other arrangements to cancel and don't want to leave it till the last minute either.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:19 am

Programs: US Silver, OW Ruby
So, I'm flying YYZ-PHL-LGA, and then LGA-PIT tomorrow on two separate tickets (its much cheaper to get the two tickets back to back than one YYZ-XXX-PIT).

Do I have any hope of getting to (and out of) LGA (I have a 35 min connection)? If the PHL-LGA flight starts to look like its going to be late, will I have any luck trying to get on a direct PHL-PIT flight, or should I just fly to LGA and deal with getting on a later LGA-PIT flight there?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, National Executive, Marriott Gold, US SP, Avis PS
Any news of the LGA clean up efforts? Haven't heard anything about the pilings.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Plat, DL Silver, SW A-List, Emerald Club Exec

I saw that LGA plans to open this morning with limited service. With that said, I have a MR planned on Election Day from RDU-LGA. Any of you guys think I'll still be okay? I plan to give it until Sunday to possibly reschedule.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pizzaman87
I saw that LGA plans to open this morning with limited service. With that said, I have a MR planned on Election Day from RDU-LGA. Any of you guys think I'll still be okay? I plan to give it until Sunday to possibly reschedule.
It seems very improbable that you'd have a problem next Tuesday. US is being a little slower than some other carriers in restoring service to LGA, but they claim they'll have at least one inbound flight tonight and departures tomorrow. At that point, it would just be a few hours until the schedule returns to normal. Authorities say the airport is now "fully operational." I'd guess there could be hiccups through the weekend (it seems like there are still many people without power in Queens), but by next Tuesday everything should be normal at the airport.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Plat, DL Silver, SW A-List, Emerald Club Exec

Yeah. That's what I was thinking as well. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.