Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Hurricane Sandy and impacts on US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2012, 2:32 pm

If US cancels your flight, you're entitled to a full refund or a rescheduled flight at no cost to you. But that's only once the flight is formally cancelled.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I assume its too early to be asking if US has cancelled anything yet out of CLT?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: Delta:PM, US Airways:CP, HH:DM, MR:DM, Avis:First, Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by ellinj
I assume its too early to be asking if US has cancelled anything yet out of CLT?
All my jets out of DCA Sunday eve and Monday AM have been canned, I do not know if CLT will get the same. I am now heading into work on Wednesday (why bother , I know)
Old Oct 27, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold
Can I change my flight online? or expecting too much from US Air?

------------------------------------------------------------
We're sorry

This is what happened:
An error has occurred that prevents us from processing your request. Please try again. If you continue to receive this message, please call 800-327-7810 for assistance.

How to fix this:
Please try again or call 800-428-4322.

Reference code: KAFNZH450VC5QHFKHY1YEK45 (1.20.10000459.10000459)
Occurred: Sat Oct 27 2012 22:11:18 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Old Oct 27, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by Azzuristar
All my jets out of DCA Sunday eve and Monday AM have been canned, I do not know if CLT will get the same. I am now heading into work on Wednesday (why bother , I know)
I don't see CLT being affected unless the flights are from/to actually affected airports.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL DM; US GP; Fairmont PL; HHonors DM; Hyatt GP Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by alanh
If US cancels your flight, you're entitled to a full refund or a rescheduled flight at no cost to you. But that's only once the flight is formally cancelled.
GREAT! My flight from DCA to SYR just cancelled and the already rebooked me through -- drum roll please -- BOS. How long until BOS flights start to cancel?? My biggest fear is getting up there (DCA, BOS or SYR) and getting stuck there without clothes or a room.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:20 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by marketingmom
I'm due to travel PHL to London on Monday night in Envoy. Weather forecasts are little help. Any thoughts on whether I should stick with Monday flight or change to the Tuesday one (still availability in Envoy). Perhaps neither will go?
Originally Posted by kimharp
I'm on the PHL/LHR flight on Monday as well, also in Envoy! We're actually thinking of changing to Sunday, but there's no Envoy and we'd have to pay the difference. It's looking like it's going to be the worst right around Monday night. We've been through this so many times as my family lives in the tropics and we frequently travel there in Sept. I've seen flights go to SJU that I never thought would go. It's such a guessing game.
I don't think there is a chance that your flight is going on Monday night. They are talking about winds in the 50+ MPH range by Monday evening. I think the whole airport will be closed as they move airplanes out of harm's way. I'll be really really surprised if that flight ends up going. (Indeed, I'll be surprised if the inbound flights land on Monday afternoon from LHR).
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:42 pm

Programs: US CP, Plat Amex, Terps
My reason for travel got cancelled because of the storm but I still have a ticket i paid for (non-ref) that i can "change" but I don't need to go any longer. flight is for sunday AM ending up at BDL and has not cancelled, odds don't look good as the storm won't be hitting by then.

So I headed over to USAIR to look at what changes I could make and was able to change flights to Monday afternoon and route through philly at zero cost. praying for a cancel now so I can get a fully refundy...surprised i was able to do that

Did i or do I have any other options?

Another question I have...Is there a difference in calling to cancel a ticket prior to travel or just not showing up for the flight? my belief was that in both cases you have that credit on your account and simply need to travel the same route with a $150 change fee...

Cheers
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: Delta:PM, US Airways:CP, HH:DM, MR:DM, Avis:First, Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by iztok
I don't see CLT being affected unless the flights are from/to actually affected airports.
The universe has conspired to ensure I do not reach PHL.

Sunday Eve -Cancelled

Monday Eve-Cancelled

Tuesday Eve-Cancelled

Wed AM - Cancelled

Its On!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Hey...Delta flyer here. You all should raise the heat with USair...other airlines are waiving the fare difference. I was looking at different policies today and you guys are getting a really bad deal....I would start to demand better customer service. Just a friendly thought from a delta flyer.

best wishes.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:28 am

Dumb question, but is there any where online to see canceled flights?

I ask cause I have not received any communication for a tues flight thru PHI. I would assume it has been canceled, and I really don't want to call cause I am sure the agents are swamped right now.

Thanks,
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:30 am

Sandy Travel Advisory

Have there been any mass cancellations on US the way UA already has? Got PHL-PHX at 0650 tomorrow. I would think it can get out but I guess they are waiting to see the storm track.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Hey...Delta flyer here. You all should raise the heat with USair...other airlines are waiving the fare difference. I was looking at different policies today and you guys are getting a really bad deal....I would start to demand better customer service. Just a friendly thought from a delta flyer.

best wishes.
I'm curious from the regulars here how common it is with past weather advisories that US makes you pay the fare difference.

I know last year, with Irene, that I was able to change my US flight at no cost at all.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by mr_edward_p
Have there been any mass cancellations on US the way UA already has? Got PHL-PHX at 0650 tomorrow. I would think it can get out but I guess they are waiting to see the storm track.
Just registered on flight aware and they said US would announce at noon today. I assume it is EST.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by FlynGyn
GREAT! My flight from DCA to SYR just cancelled and the already rebooked me through -- drum roll please -- BOS. How long until BOS flights start to cancel?? My biggest fear is getting up there (DCA, BOS or SYR) and getting stuck there without clothes or a room.
Don't worry - we got tons of rooms in Syracuse. This city never fills up. Only problem, we dont have much to do here. Haha.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.