Community
Wiki Posts
Search

125k special dividend question- free club membership

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:03 am

just nominated my wife for club membership

I reached Gold yesterday, nominated the wife under special dividends to a club membership. Nominated her 12-1-2012 site says her expiration is 9-1-2013.

That is not a year.

It just occurred to me, maybe they base it on my original membership date.

ralph
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I hit 150 segments last week, called and added the waife this week, was told 2/14
Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
It's def 2/14 if you met reqs this year
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: US Silver
Wife just hit 125k. She is not currently a Club member.

She will elevate me from Silver to Gold, which is clear in the SD description that it will last til 2/14. ("If made after September 30 of the benefit earn year, nominations expire the last day of February of the second calendar year after the benefit earn year.")

However, the Club membership terms state: "Complimentary Memberships: For complimentary memberships, we’ll automatically add the membership to your account. The expiration date will be the last day of February after the Preferred year in which the benefit was earned." That makes it sound like she'd get it now ("For complimentary memberships, we’ll automatically add the membership to your account.) in 12/12 but it would expire in 2/13?

Was hoping it would be 2/14 (like status) and that she could add me as well for that same term. Does anyone know if that's the way it actually works? I guess I'll find out one way or the other...
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: US-CP, Hilton-Gold, Marriott-Silver, PC-Gold, Nat'l-EE,
Originally Posted by tombyron
If I am at 120K PQM and buy the club membership with the 5K PQM promo, which would then trigger the free membership at 125K PQM... would I then have 2 years of membership? Has anyone run into this? I am trying to decide if I should do a MR or just effectively buy one year, get one free.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
My first post here, but it's something I have some recent experience with.

I just hit this threshold as well. My club membership expired last month, and I didn't want to buy one, only to have it superseded by a free membership, so I called up and asked what the deal was.
I was told that if I bought the membership, and then got the free membership, that the free one would be tacked onto the END of the paid one, essentially giving you an extra year (so my membership would expire in November of 2014 instead of 2013). So if you're close to the threshold, my advice would be to buy the membership, and then get the free one, not the other way around.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
It should be 2014. When I got my free club membership, my wife automatically got it till 2014 as well

Originally Posted by mbwiles
Wife just hit 125k. She is not currently a Club member.

She will elevate me from Silver to Gold, which is clear in the SD description that it will last til 2/14. ("If made after September 30 of the benefit earn year, nominations expire the last day of February of the second calendar year after the benefit earn year.")

However, the Club membership terms state: "Complimentary Memberships: For complimentary memberships, we’ll automatically add the membership to your account. The expiration date will be the last day of February after the Preferred year in which the benefit was earned." That makes it sound like she'd get it now ("For complimentary memberships, we’ll automatically add the membership to your account.) in 12/12 but it would expire in 2/13?

Was hoping it would be 2/14 (like status) and that she could add me as well for that same term. Does anyone know if that's the way it actually works? I guess I'll find out one way or the other...
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
Just received club membership with spouse and both had Feb 28 2014 expiration date.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Thumbs down

I just went through this and the benefit is a bit misleading. I made the mistake of buying a membership. My membership expired in August of next year. I hit 125000 and my new card expires feb 2014. So I got a few more months free NOT a whole additional year tacked on. Moral of the story is that us will provide a smaller benefit to club members who pay then those who don't.

I called the chairmans desk and they said they hate it too but that's the rules.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 6:08 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Just received a card - valid till end of Feb 2014... Nice...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.