125k special dividend question- free club membership

Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
125k special dividend question- free club membership

I'll hit 125k PQM soon and was wondering how the free US Airways Club membership works? Do I just use my CP card to enter? If so, can I also get into RCC (or whatever they are called now) with the same credential?

thanks in advance

A
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Choice Gold, Hilton Diamond, US CP
Youll get a US Airways Club membership card in the mail that can be used at the US and UA Clubs.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by whytravelsomuch
Youll get a US Airways Club membership card in the mail that can be used at the US and UA Clubs.
Special dividends are issued automatically, but you might have to activate the club mewbership online and then they'll send the card a few weeks later.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by thomwithanh
Special dividends are issued automatically, but you might have to activate the club mewbership online and then they'll send the card a few weeks later.
Yes, all these special dividends that I have seen (nominate someone to Trial Silver, add a partner to Club membership, nominate someone to Silver) are activated through the Special Dividends web site page, so I am guessing that this one is, too.

Wow, 125K, and from CMH! Good job.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriot Rewards PP
If you are already a club member they just send a new card with a new expiration date.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: US CP; Marriott Silver; SPG Gold; PC Platinum
If I am at 120K PQM and buy the club membership with the 5K PQM promo, which would then trigger the free membership at 125K PQM... would I then have 2 years of membership? Has anyone run into this? I am trying to decide if I should do a MR or just effectively buy one year, get one free.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:59 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Not that I am aware of. You can try, but have not ever been successful in rolling over any credits
Old Nov 16, 2012, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by tombyron
If I am at 120K PQM and buy the club membership with the 5K PQM promo, which would then trigger the free membership at 125K PQM... would I then have 2 years of membership? Has anyone run into this? I am trying to decide if I should do a MR or just effectively buy one year, get one free.

Don't think so, you'd have your own Club membership and then be able to nominate someone ELSE for the Special Dividends earned. They would run in the same time period.

Your PQM would get you the Club without going using Special Dividends...
hope I'm making sense here.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:18 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
If the Special Dividend needs to be activated online, couldn't you theoretically wait until this time next year to activate it?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 5:20 am
Original Poster

I don't recall having to activate the free club membership online like some of the other dividends. The membership cards (one for me and one for wife) showed up 2 weeks after hitting 125k.

I wish there was a better 200k dividend, about to hit it! About to give my boss Star Gold...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by inthemix
I don't recall having to activate the free club membership online like some of the other dividends. The membership cards (one for me and one for wife) showed up 2 weeks after hitting 125k.

I wish there was a better 200k dividend, about to hit it! About to give my boss Star Gold...
I totally agree. After 150k the value goes down rapidly. Now that I've made the family Gold, there is not much more benefit.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by tombyron

Wonderful question! My insight is not very useful, but here it is:

One more example of how US rolled out Special Dividends without thinking through all of the implications of its implementation.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: US Chairman, BA Bronze, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pbuntrock
I totally agree. After 150k the value goes down rapidly. Now that I've made the family Gold, there is not much more benefit.
Question regarding the Gold status nomination that you gave to your family. Assuming that you achieved this special dividend during the 2012 program year, for how long do they have Gold status? Until end of Feb 2013 or does it continue forward for the following year as well?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:22 am
Original Poster

till Feb 2014. same as if you earned the status yourself
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:54 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I just looked at my Special Dividends and when I click on 'Club membership' link, I see something like this:

Club membership

You've earned a full year of club membership! Just stop by any club and show your ID.

Issue date Expiration date
- -

Should I start worrying that there are no dates for the Club membership?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.