FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   125k special dividend question- free club membership (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1377635-125k-special-dividend-question-free-club-membership.html)

inthemix Aug 15, 2012 4:01 pm

125k special dividend question- free club membership

I'll hit 125k PQM soon and was wondering how the free US Airways Club membership works? Do I just use my CP card to enter? If so, can I also get into RCC (or whatever they are called now) with the same credential?

thanks in advance

A

whytravelsomuch Aug 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Youll get a US Airways Club membership card in the mail that can be used at the US and UA Clubs.

thomwithanh Aug 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by whytravelsomuch (Post 19130206)
Youll get a US Airways Club membership card in the mail that can be used at the US and UA Clubs.

Special dividends are issued automatically, but you might have to activate the club mewbership online and then they'll send the card a few weeks later.

Biggie Fries Aug 15, 2012 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by thomwithanh (Post 19131112)
Special dividends are issued automatically, but you might have to activate the club mewbership online and then they'll send the card a few weeks later.

Yes, all these special dividends that I have seen (nominate someone to Trial Silver, add a partner to Club membership, nominate someone to Silver) are activated through the Special Dividends web site page, so I am guessing that this one is, too.

Wow, 125K, and from CMH! Good job.

rickCT01 Aug 16, 2012 11:35 am

If you are already a club member they just send a new card with a new expiration date.

tombyron Nov 15, 2012 4:01 pm

If I am at 120K PQM and buy the club membership with the 5K PQM promo, which would then trigger the free membership at 125K PQM... would I then have 2 years of membership? Has anyone run into this? I am trying to decide if I should do a MR or just effectively buy one year, get one free.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

etsmyers Nov 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Not that I am aware of. You can try, but have not ever been successful in rolling over any credits

hitherandyon Nov 16, 2012 9:07 am

Originally Posted by tombyron (Post 19690934)
If I am at 120K PQM and buy the club membership with the 5K PQM promo, which would then trigger the free membership at 125K PQM... would I then have 2 years of membership? Has anyone run into this? I am trying to decide if I should do a MR or just effectively buy one year, get one free.

Don't think so, you'd have your own Club membership and then be able to nominate someone ELSE for the Special Dividends earned. They would run in the same time period.

Your PQM would get you the Club without going using Special Dividends...
hope I'm making sense here.

dtremit Nov 19, 2012 12:18 am

If the Special Dividend needs to be activated online, couldn't you theoretically wait until this time next year to activate it?

inthemix Nov 19, 2012 5:20 am

I don't recall having to activate the free club membership online like some of the other dividends. The membership cards (one for me and one for wife) showed up 2 weeks after hitting 125k.

I wish there was a better 200k dividend, about to hit it! About to give my boss Star Gold...

pbuntrock Nov 19, 2012 11:35 am

Originally Posted by inthemix (Post 19709822)
I don't recall having to activate the free club membership online like some of the other dividends. The membership cards (one for me and one for wife) showed up 2 weeks after hitting 125k.

I wish there was a better 200k dividend, about to hit it! About to give my boss Star Gold...

I totally agree. After 150k the value goes down rapidly. Now that I've made the family Gold, there is not much more benefit.

Biggie Fries Nov 19, 2012 11:45 am

Originally Posted by tombyron (Post 19690934)

Wonderful question! My insight is not very useful, but here it is:

One more example of how US rolled out Special Dividends without thinking through all of the implications of its implementation.

ORDGUY747 Nov 20, 2012 9:02 am

Originally Posted by pbuntrock (Post 19711573)
I totally agree. After 150k the value goes down rapidly. Now that I've made the family Gold, there is not much more benefit.

Question regarding the Gold status nomination that you gave to your family. Assuming that you achieved this special dividend during the 2012 program year, for how long do they have Gold status? Until end of Feb 2013 or does it continue forward for the following year as well?

inthemix Nov 20, 2012 9:22 am

till Feb 2014. same as if you earned the status yourself

TPJ Dec 1, 2012 7:54 am

I just looked at my Special Dividends and when I click on 'Club membership' link, I see something like this:

Club membership

You've earned a full year of club membership! Just stop by any club and show your ID.

Issue date Expiration date
- -

Should I start worrying that there are no dates for the Club membership?