Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cost of Airfare on US! Boo!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: USAir Silver
it's getting rediculous

I guess the fare hike stuck. just checked last night for a one way from syr to phx and everything under a 14 day minimum purchase got jacked up by 10 dollars as if it wasn't already enough inflated. and that's on top of everything being up at least 20 bucks from where it was just a few months back. I have a hard time believing this is fuel costs. this cycle needs to stop. It's already untenable for most leisure travelers who don't have a schedule set months in advance.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: None
If it sticks, it'll be the 3rd fare increase this year. On top of the 10 or so last year.

Jim
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Did I miss my chance?

Was looking to book PHL to MCO Dec. 22-29 about a month agao. Fares were reasonable, around/under $300 RT. We weren't exactly sure of our plans and Tuesday was coming up, so I waited. Boom, massive increase to $500 RT and it is still going up today, showing $600 RT.

At this point I was hoping to wait it out, hoping for a decrease, is that crazy???

Was thinking about waiting till WN opened their December flights and hoping that US would drop a bit, what do you think?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Mrs. dwcatty has been flying AVL-CLT-BDL and back to see the grandbaby. Fares used to be in the mid-upper $300s; $386 was about right. This week it went to $516. At this rate sh's only going to visit every 8-10 weeks instead of every 6 weeks. Thank god for Skype!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:06 pm

I hope US Air is reading this thread, I'm CP and I'm starting to move business away from US Air. It's not even competitive lately and I can't justify $250+ to fly on a RJ to Austin or other locations.

They need to fix these price differences or I'm moving away and won't look back unfortunately.

Similar arrival and departure times and dates:
  • Southwest: $434
  • United: $434
  • American: $450
  • Delta: $350

• US AIR: $707

Seriously?

Last edited by samgvb; Apr 21, 2012 at 8:28 am Reason: add airfare
Old Apr 20, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by samgvb
I hope US Air is reading this thread, I'm CP and I'm starting to move business away from US Air. It's not even competitive lately and I can't justify $250+ to fly on a RJ to Austin or other locations.

They need to fix these price differences or I'm moving away and won't look back unfortunately.
I'm starting to feel the same pain, but now that winter's over, all the flights I am flying in are full up. I'm not even thinking upgrade on a TC week after next -- F is already sold out. It will take quite a few defections ....

Worse yet: The merger with AA on the horizon. We'll have a great route network to fly, but not too many of us to afford to fly it, and with all the AA elites in F, no incentive to fly more to move to the front of the planes when we do fly.

Other than that, things are swell. Hey, it's the weekend.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Lost status this year

Having lost status, I'm much more open to flying WN since the level of service (boarding and seating) is compatible to a non-elite USAirways flyer's experience.

Having forgotten to book a PHX-CHI trip for this coming weekend, all fares I could find, even bundled with hotel, were in the $700+ range on all carriers, including WN.

I then looked to MKE as an alternative airport, not really convenient for me, but not terribly inconvenient either.

US's fare was $704 roundtrip.

WN's fare was $300 roundtrip with a connection on the outbound through Las Vegas.

I don't think US analyzes competitive fares in this hub city for both US and WN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.