Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club promotion 2/14-17 (5,000pqm)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, USDM Gold, National Exec Elite, IHG Dumped-now Kettle, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by finster869
For what it is worth, I asked one of the dragon ladies at the Philly club whether she was expecting any higher PQM offers in the next 30 days, and she said "no".
Oh well. I have two free day passes to burn then I guess I'll buy it.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by oldsmoboi
Oh well. I have two free day passes to burn then I guess I'll buy it.
After having my club membership for a year, and not renewing (even though I made CP this year, + will probably make plat for 2013), I'd recommend just getting the AMEX Plat card unless the 5k PQM offer comes back. For the cost of a club membership + AMEX Green card, you get the AMEX Plat card that includes access to other airlines' lounges, + Priority pass, + no foreign transaction fee....I went that route and am glad I did.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, USDM Gold, National Exec Elite, IHG Dumped-now Kettle, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
After having my club membership for a year, and not renewing (even though I made CP this year, + will probably make plat for 2013), I'd recommend just getting the AMEX Plat card unless the 5k PQM offer comes back. For the cost of a club membership + AMEX Green card, you get the AMEX Plat card that includes access to other airlines' lounges, + Priority pass, + no foreign transaction fee....I went that route and am glad I did.
Wait, do I still buy the US Airways Club membership? How do I get access to the other lounges? I know United comes with the US Club membership.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by oldsmoboi
Wait, do I still buy the US Airways Club membership? How do I get access to the other lounges? I know United comes with the US Club membership.
You would no longer have access to UA lounges with the Amex card. YOu will probably loose access to them sometime next year anyway. Can AA lounges be accessed with Amex Platinum?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj
You would no longer have access to UA lounges with the Amex card. YOu will probably loose access to them sometime next year anyway. Can AA lounges be accessed with Amex Platinum?
Yeah, I figured that, but I'm also betting that as soon as I lost United Club access, I would gain access to AA lounges with a US Club membership. I'm unsure if I'm going to stick with USdbaAA post merger or dive into United.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by ellinj
Yes, AMEX Plat can access AA lounges, although I've never done it personally.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
I got a second reminder from US about my upcoming Club expiration. "For a limited time you can get 1,000 Preferred miles if you renew..."-the same offer I got before, which did not prompt me to renew.

I'd think that US would up its Preferred mile offer. Maybe it will after my Club membership expires?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by NYCommuter
I got a second reminder from US about my upcoming Club expiration. "For a limited time you can get 1,000 Preferred miles if you renew..."-the same offer I got before, which did not prompt me to renew.

I'd think that US would up its Preferred mile offer. Maybe it will after my Club membership expires?
when is your expiration date? Mine is 4/19 and still only have received the 1k offer.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by NYCommuter:20421742
Mine expired on Feb 21 and I got an email a week or two ago still only offering 1,000mi renewal. I wouldn't hold your breath if you are expecting US to raise the stakes.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: DM Gold; AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Yes, AMEX Plat can access AA lounges, although I've never done it personally.
Delta and AA club access are only available with AMEX Plat with a day-of ticket on that airline. US Air access is available with any ticket.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: USAirways Dividend Miles
Cost of second Plat card

I had considered this approach to but unless Im missing something, it becomes cost prohibitive is you have a second card user which essentially doubles the cost of enrolling in the program. It wouldnt fly in my house if I got the Plat card and told sweetie to hold at green/gold.

Sweetie doesnt travel much for work but she sure charges a lot!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by racefaith
I had considered this approach to but unless Im missing something, it becomes cost prohibitive is you have a second card user which essentially doubles the cost of enrolling in the program. It wouldnt fly in my house if I got the Plat card and told sweetie to hold at green/gold.

Sweetie doesnt travel much for work but she sure charges a lot!
A rare advantage of being single lol
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:09 am

I signed up for this promo early march, still haven't gotten my new membership card, anyone else still waiting?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
Mine expired in late winter and since I went back to school to finish my degree I wasn't working the hours that I normally do, so now that I've graduated I'm saving back up to renew. Maybe one of my Chairman friends will nominate me to Silver so I won't have to save as much ;-). Be nice if a promo came soon.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Originally Posted by awaflyboy
Mine expired in late winter and since I went back to school to finish my degree I wasn't working the hours that I normally do, so now that I've graduated I'm saving back up to renew. Maybe one of my Chairman friends will nominate me to Silver so I won't have to save as much ;-). Be nice if a promo came soon.
Kind of early for silver noms. Not that many people have flown 35k already, especially given that Q1 is usually light on travel. Maybe if you stayed in touch with your Chairman friends, they would nominate you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.