Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club promotion 2/14-17 (5,000pqm)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
I too received the 1K PQM offer but am also waiting. Anyone from US out there listening? For a measly 4K PQM's per person extra, I think you would see a nice influx of cash.....
Old Feb 16, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
I too received the 1K PQM offer but am also waiting. Anyone from US out there listening? For a measly 4K PQM's per person extra, I think you would see a nice influx of cash.....
Agreed.

I got the 1k PQM offer as well.

I am not renewing for just 1,000 Preferred miles.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
Agreed.

I got the 1k PQM offer as well.

I am not renewing for just 1,000 Preferred miles.
Ditto.....I'm still holding out for the 5,000.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Does anyone know if you let your membership lapse (waiting for a better offer). Do you have to pay the initiation fee again?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by ellinj
Does anyone know if you let your membership lapse (waiting for a better offer). Do you have to pay the initiation fee again?
Per the T&C's - "New memberships and memberships that have lapsed 6 months or more are subject to a $50 new membership initiation fee."
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:09 am

Can someone tell me why I should NOT just get an AmEx platinum card?

$450 annual fee gets a $200 credit for airline fees AND US and AA and DL lounge access. So I'd basically be getting lounge access for $250.

I assume that our United Club access and Star Alliance lounge access will vanish at some point soon, and so I'd otherwise be paying $300-something for US Club access.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
I've been thinking along the same lines.....
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum

$450 annual fee gets a $200 credit for airline fees AND US and AA and DL lounge access. So I'd basically be getting lounge access for $250.

I assume that our United Club access and Star Alliance lounge access will vanish at some point soon, and so I'd otherwise be paying $300-something for US Club access.
I have the AMEX Plat card and use it heavily for lounge access. The downsides are:

- No United Club access.
- To use AA or DL lounges, you must be flying the same carrier. For the US Clubs, it doesn't matter who you're flying so long as you can get to the US Club behind security.

If you don't need United Club access, the AMEX card may be a better route for you, especially given that there are other benefits to the card beyond just lounge access.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:18 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by phlwookie
- No United Club access.
This is the biggest thing that swings me to the US Club membership vs. the Amex Plat. Other than CLT and PHL, my most-visited airports are SFO and ORD, so the United reciprocity is huge.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum

Originally Posted by LM225
This is the biggest thing that swings me to the US Club membership vs. the Amex Plat. Other than CLT and PHL, my most-visited airports are SFO and ORD, so the United reciprocity is huge.
In cases such as this, the use of the $200 annual AMEX travel credit against the US Club membership is likely helpful, as that gets UA Club access (for now).
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:28 am

The only time I need lounge access to other airlines' lounges, at least these days, is at EWR, and I use the United Club in terminal A when flying US. I assume that our United Club access will vanish...but if we pay for US + UA Club + *A lounge access when we renew our US club access for a year, maybe they couldn't be taken away during that year?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 2:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
I'm losing AC*SE in 2 days but I have an Amex Plat so US Clubs aren't a concern to me but I am gravely concerned about losing UC/MLL access... the only problem is that I don't want to spend $425 (including initiation fee) to buy US Club membership only to lose *A lounge access at the end of the year. If US offered 5k PQMs I'd buy in a heartbeat regardless of what happens though!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:10 pm

I haven't seen a better offer than 1,000 Preferred miles come through.

Sorry, US, I'll be using AmEx Platinum from now on for Club access unless a better offer comes soon.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, USDM Gold, National Exec Elite, IHG Dumped-now Kettle, SPG Platinum
I'm trying to hold off, but with 26 segments coming in the next 3 months, I may have to just pull the trigger.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by oldsmoboi
I'm trying to hold off, but with 26 segments coming in the next 3 months, I may have to just pull the trigger.
For what it is worth, I asked one of the dragon ladies at the Philly club whether she was expecting any higher PQM offers in the next 30 days, and she said "no".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.