Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite boarding lane testing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Originally Posted by GNALUZU
The problem with that is US Gold is *G. In my opinion, the should board CPs with FC and then do a separate call for each elite level.
It would seem fair to board CPs with FC, but I would not board each level of preferred separately. Would increase the length of boarding and does not seem necessary. Plat & Gold could easily be combined. Silver should still be boarded ahead of the CC holders, possibly with Z 1. They need to be given acknowledgement of their status, which shows much greater loyalty than a CC
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
it's a-coming!

Well myself and a few coworkers just spent 4 hours re-arranging all the seating and putting out the stanchions throughout the entire low B concourse. The Corp mucky-mucks come and inspect it on monday and then if they are happy with how everything is set up, it'll start up this week.

It's not too bad, if I do say so myself. Though I will admit cause of the small amount of space we have at the end of the concourse there's not as much seating in the immediate gate areas down there. We have seats that go down the center of the concourse and the seating area between B8 and B10 has about double the amount of seats now so hopefully that will make up for things.

Hopefully ya'll will enjoy the new priority lanes.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by awaflyboy
Well myself and a few coworkers just spent 4 hours re-arranging all the seating and putting out the stanchions throughout the entire low B concourse. The Corp mucky-mucks come and inspect it on monday and then if they are happy with how everything is set up, it'll start up this week.

It's not too bad, if I do say so myself. Though I will admit cause of the small amount of space we have at the end of the concourse there's not as much seating in the immediate gate areas down there. We have seats that go down the center of the concourse and the seating area between B8 and B10 has about double the amount of seats now so hopefully that will make up for things.

Hopefully ya'll will enjoy the new priority lanes.
Do you know if this is being rolled out system-wide or just one airport at a time?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
Originally Posted by marlee1421
Do you know if this is being rolled out system-wide or just one airport at a time?
Thought I heard it was going system wide. Perhaps not all on the same day but during the same week.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by awaflyboy
Thought I heard it was going system wide. Perhaps not all on the same day but during the same week.
Thanks. Flying from PHL later this week. Will post outcome unless someone else experiences it first and posts.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
CLT had dual lines few weeks ago for few days it seems then they went away.

Flying out tomorrow from CLT will let you know if they are back.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: US-G/*G, SPG-G, MR-G, Avis-F
Speaking with the GA in MCO on Saturday... he was telling me that they are preparing for it at all the US gates there. He wasn't sure if they were starting it this week, or next. but, for sure it was happening.

Those of us flying out of PHL are going to be in for some real fun. There is not enough room for one lane at many of the B/C corridor gates (the ones at the end should be OK), let alone trying to add another. They may have to remove seats in the waiting area and come up to the podium, from the window side... joy! I don't see them spilling the lanes out into the corridors. That would be a real mess.

When you add that to all the gate lice - ugh!!!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by FlyNhighAgain
Speaking with the GA in MCO on Saturday... he was telling me that they are preparing for it at all the US gates there. He wasn't sure if they were starting it this week, or next. but, for sure it was happening.

Those of us flying out of PHL are going to be in for some real fun. There is not enough room for one lane at many of the B/C corridor gates (the ones at the end should be OK), let alone trying to add another. They may have to remove seats in the waiting area and come up to the podium, from the window side... joy! I don't see them spilling the lanes out into the corridors. That would be a real mess.

When you add that to all the gate lice - ugh!!!
In PHL anything can happen. One would hope they remove just a few seats to make it happen or possibly try to arrange the seating differently. Time will tell.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
I'll be flying in and out of PHX this week and PHL next week. Can't wait to experience the fun.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: US1, HHDiamond, MR Lifetime Plat, Nat'l Exec, Avis 1st, Priority Plat
Good to know. Let's see how it works.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Boarding 1192 PHX-PHL on 2/5, the DYKWIAs and gate lice stormed both lanes rather than lining up one the Elite side.

It's going to take awhile to catch on.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Smile

Just broarded phx - dfw. I was late getting to the gate and the lane worked exactly as planned. The ga even refused boarding to a non elite. And boy that lady was not happy being told she can't board. She went in a rant about everyone being elite lol. Oh well! At least it's working!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wareagle98
Just broarded phx - dfw. I was late getting to the gate and the lane worked exactly as planned. The ga even refused boarding to a non elite. And boy that lady was not happy being told she can't board. She went in a rant about everyone being elite lol. Oh well! At least it's working!
Then why wasn't she?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:09 pm

Programs: US Airways (Platinum), HHonors (Diamond)
Flew PHX-LAX today, first time with these new lanes. There was a slight imporvement, but overall not what I would have hoped for. They need to better break the lines into zone numbers. Our expedited line had a mix of FC, zone 1 and zone 2, plus a few others that didn't know any better.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Just call me Ambassador Fries

Originally Posted by Michael El
Here's the problem. Zone 1 people believe they're actually boarding first rather than "First" boarding first.

Zone 1 First Class
Zone 2 G, P, CP, *A G etc.
Zone 3 S and Credit card
Zone 4
Zone 5
Zone 6
Zone 7
Update:

Zone 1 Japanese Ambassador to the United States
Zone 2 All the other ambassadors you know
Zone 3 First Class
Zone 4 G, P, CP, *A G etc.
Zone 5 S and Credit card
Zone 6
Zone 7
Zone 8
Zone 9

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.