FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Elite boarding lane testing (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1245363-elite-boarding-lane-testing.html)

awaflyboy Aug 7, 2011 12:24 pm

Elite boarding lane testing

Came into work today and found we are testing having a first class elite boarding lane. Here's a photo: www.flickr.com/photos/56197276@N02/6018930908

General boarding goes to the left and first class/elites board on the right.

dcpatti Aug 7, 2011 12:30 pm

I know this will make a lot of people happy!
Shall we take bets on how long till they start selling priority boarding? I think United might already bundle that with one of their upsell packages.

miffSC Aug 7, 2011 12:38 pm

Well, that is a nice sight for sure! I always hate having to sometimes elbow my way through the crowd when they call for First Class or priority boarding. Now if we could just get a little blue carpet there as well ;)

Crazyhotelguy Aug 7, 2011 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by awaflyboy (Post 16876060)
Came into work today and found we are testing having a first class elite boarding lane. Here's a photo: www.flickr.com/photos/56197276@N02/6018930908

General boarding goes to the right and first class/dotes board on the left

The sign seems to lead me that general goes left and FC goes right, but it is US, so it is probably the opposite:):):)

I do like seeing this move in the right direction. This could help boarding...

kudzu Aug 7, 2011 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by awaflyboy (Post 16876060)
...we are testing having a first class elite boarding lane....

Yay ^^ Hope it sticks ...

It's a true benefit in a tight connection being able to zip right through, without having to stand behind the folks in the zone being called as you reach the gate.

awaflyboy Aug 7, 2011 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 16876138)
The sign seems to lead me that general goes left and FC goes right, but it is US, so it is probably the opposite:):):)

I do like seeing this move in the right direction. This could help boarding...

My bad, I was talking from the agent side! Lol. Fixed it in the op as well as a few autocorrect typos. :)

Stu71584 Aug 7, 2011 1:12 pm

Finally!!!

ariyo15 Aug 7, 2011 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by miffSC (Post 16876131)
Well, that is a nice sight for sure! I always hate having to sometimes elbow my way through the crowd when they call for First Class or priority boarding. Now if we could just get a little blue carpet there as well ;)

+1 ^^

The worst is when I am at the lounge, then come to the gate when I know the F FC boarding will start. Of course, I go, hear the announcement and go to board. But, all of the lice (which hopefully this new line-system will get rid of) look at me like I have leprosy, sometimes - no, often - commenting by saying things like, "excuse me - there's a line."

What do you guys do in that situation? Say nothing and just wait for him/her to see you in F when he/she boards 20 min later? Or, do you say, "I see the line, but I'm in first class. DYKWIA?!" Hahah. I generally take the first approach. Thankfully though - I won't have to worry with any of it anymore if this really sticks. Yay.

Insiderdude Aug 7, 2011 4:10 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.1006 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Fantastic move, it's about time!!

ellinj Aug 7, 2011 4:10 pm

It would be better if it were for gold and higher.

grinch26 Aug 7, 2011 4:41 pm

Looks like an improvement.

drowelf Aug 7, 2011 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by miffSC (Post 16876131)

I primarily fly another airline (CO) these days and they have dedicated elite/FC and general lanes. It does not prevent me having to elbow my way past the crowd if I get to the gate a little late. So don't expected it to really solve the issue. Its nice, especially if you do get to the gate late and general boarding has started, but I've not seen it reduce the congestion during boarding.

Cheers,

Sam I Am Aug 7, 2011 8:08 pm

That's a good move - someone, somewhere is paying some level of attention. Thanks.

preguntas Aug 7, 2011 9:07 pm

last time I was boarding in PHX, I was in FC and had just come down from the lounge. Unclear as to what was happening (so many milling about and right next to the wall where FC might stand) I asked two people in two different families, "excuse me, are you in first class?" Both with crisp responses, "They aren't even boarding yet." DK how that answered my q. Maybe with this I won't have to bother those other PAX (as much.) I'd love this systemwide!

SS255 Aug 7, 2011 9:23 pm

This is great news! ^