Elite boarding lane testing

Old Aug 7, 11, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
Elite boarding lane testing

Came into work today and found we are testing having a first class elite boarding lane. Here's a photo: www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6018930908

General boarding goes to the left and first class/elites board on the right.

Last edited by awaflyboy; Aug 7, 11 at 2:09 pm Reason: Damn autocorrect on iPhone...
Old Aug 7, 11, 1:30 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
I know this will make a lot of people happy!
Shall we take bets on how long till they start selling priority boarding? I think United might already bundle that with one of their upsell packages.
Old Aug 7, 11, 1:38 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, ICHPlat, MarriottR, SPG Gold
Well, that is a nice sight for sure! I always hate having to sometimes elbow my way through the crowd when they call for First Class or priority boarding. Now if we could just get a little blue carpet there as well
Old Aug 7, 11, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by awaflyboy View Post
Came into work today and found we are testing having a first class elite boarding lane. Here's a photo: www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6018930908

General boarding goes to the right and first class/dotes board on the left
The sign seems to lead me that general goes left and FC goes right, but it is US, so it is probably the opposite

I do like seeing this move in the right direction. This could help boarding...
Old Aug 7, 11, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP (from US CP); SPG Plat; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by awaflyboy View Post
...we are testing having a first class elite boarding lane....
Yay ^^ Hope it sticks ...

It's a true benefit in a tight connection being able to zip right through, without having to stand behind the folks in the zone being called as you reach the gate.
Old Aug 7, 11, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy View Post
The sign seems to lead me that general goes left and FC goes right, but it is US, so it is probably the opposite

I do like seeing this move in the right direction. This could help boarding...
My bad, I was talking from the agent side! Lol. Fixed it in the op as well as a few autocorrect typos.
Old Aug 7, 11, 2:12 pm

Programs: US GP, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, HHonors Gold, Avis First, Enterprise Plat
Finally!!!
Old Aug 7, 11, 4:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Originally Posted by miffSC View Post
Well, that is a nice sight for sure! I always hate having to sometimes elbow my way through the crowd when they call for First Class or priority boarding. Now if we could just get a little blue carpet there as well
+1 ^^

The worst is when I am at the lounge, then come to the gate when I know the F FC boarding will start. Of course, I go, hear the announcement and go to board. But, all of the lice (which hopefully this new line-system will get rid of) look at me like I have leprosy, sometimes - no, often - commenting by saying things like, "excuse me - there's a line."

What do you guys do in that situation? Say nothing and just wait for him/her to see you in F when he/she boards 20 min later? Or, do you say, "I see the line, but I'm in first class. DYKWIA?!" Hahah. I generally take the first approach. Thankfully though - I won't have to worry with any of it anymore if this really sticks. Yay.
Old Aug 7, 11, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, OZ*G, Avis CHM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.1006 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Fantastic move, it's about time!!
Old Aug 7, 11, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
It would be better if it were for gold and higher.
Old Aug 7, 11, 5:41 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Gold, National Emerald Executive
Looks like an improvement.
Old Aug 7, 11, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by miffSC View Post

I primarily fly another airline (CO) these days and they have dedicated elite/FC and general lanes. It does not prevent me having to elbow my way past the crowd if I get to the gate a little late. So don't expected it to really solve the issue. Its nice, especially if you do get to the gate late and general boarding has started, but I've not seen it reduce the congestion during boarding.

Cheers,
Old Aug 7, 11, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Thumbs up

That's a good move - someone, somewhere is paying some level of attention. Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 11, 10:07 pm

Programs: American Gold; SW A list; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Smile

last time I was boarding in PHX, I was in FC and had just come down from the lounge. Unclear as to what was happening (so many milling about and right next to the wall where FC might stand) I asked two people in two different families, "excuse me, are you in first class?" Both with crisp responses, "They aren't even boarding yet." DK how that answered my q. Maybe with this I won't have to bother those other PAX (as much.) I'd love this systemwide!
Old Aug 7, 11, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
This is great news! ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: